What do I eat?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Guys,

I'm really confused. Been on the pills for a day and I'm really confused about what I should eat and how I work out the fat in the meal etc. :?

Last night I had Jacket Potato, Tuna, Lettuce and Beetroot and this morning wasn't pleasant :oops: . Making me feel a bit disheartened.

Can anybody help?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samcee

Did you have any mayo or salad cream with the tuna?

• Posted

i havnt had to change much at all - apart from ditching chips and the other obvious fatty foods!

Everybodys differents so its a case of finding some \"safe\" foods, avoiding sauces that are high in fat, attempting not to use butter on things like potatoes and not over indulging.

Grilling instead of frying is a good move - its all about trying stuff out!

Regular day for me is

Cereal or toast (2 slices)

fruit snacks

Salad bowl (pasta\\rice\\salad\\chicken bits) and tin o'tuna

Chicken and jaket potato with salad or grilled sausage & mash (without the nice bits added - milk\\butter\\frying the sausages)

Let me know how you get on!

• Posted

I had the tiniest amount of light salad cream but figured that as long as I kept the fat total low I'd be ok. I guess not!

I just can't stand the thought of eating everything dry. sad

• Posted

I know its a pain Samcee, the smallest amount of that sets me off too its a pain. I think people react in different ways

I mix my tuna with that fat free vinegarette dressing (on offer in tesco for a quid) Stops it being dry n no side effects to contend with

My typical day is :

Brekkie - Weetabix x 2 with skimmed milk/ Grilled bacon sarnie- on weekends

Snack - Apple/Banana/Cereal Bar

Salad for lunch + muller light yogurt or a ham salad sarnie on wholemeal

Snack - Apple/Banana/Cereal Bar

Dinner - Stirfry / Grilled Quorn Sausages and Veg / Jacket Potato with beans

• Posted

You are life savers.

I have been sat at my desk all morning thinking about lunch and what I knew I couldn't eat - all of which I wouldn't normally have eaten anyway.

I've just had the most delicious sandwich from my usual deli - ham, wholemeal bread, lettuce, beetroot and onion - no salad cream, no spread and really enjoyed it.

I've got such a sense of relief that I can eat \"normally\". I feel that the doc was a bit irresponsible in prescribing me the pills and not giving me much else!!

I really feel like I'm on the right track now so thanks guys!

• Posted

I have eaten fat and its not giving me diarrohea at all is this normal??
  • Posted

That depends on what sort of fat and how much you had - if you have more than 15g you could experience the side effects but it doesnt always happen and its a case of trial and error.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.