What do I have?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've suffered from severe anxiety for 5 years which has caused me a lot of stress and it's all taken a toll on my abdominal region. I get minor issues all the time like heartburn etc etc but for the past 2 weeks I've had a stomach ache pretty much all the time. I also continuously feel like I need to go to the toilet but I rarely go and also feel the need to release air all the time. I've never had it like this before. I've tried taking laxatives but they have made no difference. Does anyone know what this is or has an idea or just any support on what I should do?

Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Possibly IBS.  However, see your doctor for tests and diagnosis.  I have constant stomach pain with constipation and occasional loose stools and nausea.  I have anxiety and heartburn.  Does the pain move about amd change in type or intensity?  To you get relief after a bowel movement?
    • Posted

Yeah the pain travels all around but it's mostly my stomach and sometimes

• Posted

Do you know of any instant relief as I'm unable to see the doctor until tomorrow

• Posted

You could try over the counter silicogel which deals with the symptoms you are describing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.