What do I have?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

I've posted in a few different discussion groups now as I have no idea what's going on.

Just after Christmas I started having diarrhoea. That hasn't stopped. I've had chronic diarrhoea since. I also get lighter coloured stools and stools that are fatty and have bubbles coming from them. I've been to the docs so many times and they said it's ibs. They ran bloods just before the diarrhoea started as I was feeling so tired and all normal. I begged my GP for tests last week as I'm so fed up and I feel exhausted all the time. She did a blood test for my pancreas as I've been worried it's that and that came back normal. I did a stool test too last week for inflammation. She said I know it'll be fine and then referred me for counselling for my anxiety. So yesterday my stool results came back and my level is 90. The receptionist rang me and said I need to arrange a phone consultation with my GP but it's not urgent so it'll be Monday.

My symptoms are

Chronic diarrhoea

Yellow /pale and sometimes fatty stools

Bloated

Nausea

Noisy stomach

Pains all over my tummy and back but not awful pain.

Tired

Dizzy

Weakness, especially in my arms and legs

Acid reflux

I ate lots of bread yesterday at a party. Way more bread than I would usually eat and today I woke up and felt so sick. I had a normal bowel movement then I passed a fatty very pale stool! I find when I have these stools I feel very sick before I pass them.

I'm waiting on the doc to ring me today as I can't wait until monday. I still stress if it's my pancreas, liver or gallbladder as they haven't been checked out with a scan. They just keep saying it's ibs so I feel like a pest when I go back to them. I had the celiac blood test but that was negative. The GP did say its very unreliable. Is the only test the endoscopy? I've had one years ago and I truelly don't think I can do that again .

Sorry for the lengthy message. It's been a long and tiring time

Sarah

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi just out of interest did you find out wjat was wrong with you. Reading your post and i am exactly the same and have been going through this for 5 years.

Thanks

Mel

• Posted

Hi. I'm still no wiser. I have finally got an appointment with the gastro beginning of October. I had a colonoscopy but couldn't complete it all because of the pain. What has been happening with you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.