What do people do about work?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wondered how much time people have had off work? Ive had mono since Feb and had 1 week off in March and 3 off on April. Having had a holiday in August I felt better but feel more tired going back to work due to the daily grind. So I conclude the holiday rest hasnt helped in the long term the symptoms. Is it worth me taking time off work? Would it help

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I was tired a few months and became very sick december 21st and from then until the beginning of april i took off work and did nothing here in August i am still riddled with symptoms. I know if you over do it you pay for it but i have not found that a ton of rest helps me a whole lot i try to rest all the time but the more i rest the more groggy and tired i feel. Everyone is different though i guess.

• Posted

I am self employed and about lost everything from EBV . The first year I was so sick i couldnt have worked a full time job . So I was able to rest a lot and go in when i absolutely needed to. If I was at the first 10 years of building the Business I would have lost everything i have worked for . Its a horrible sickness that the doctors don't understand . I wish you the best and hang in their it slowly gets better .....

• Posted

I started not feeling well in February 2018 and slowly got worse and by March I knew something was wrong and did blood work and all was good but EBV showed up. So 19 months later ( now ) im way better not 100% yet . Its a roller coaster ride from hell . Up and down , but as time goes on the ups are better and the downs are not as bad .

• Posted

well my being tired and weak started about july of 18 didnt get really sick until decemeber and now feel terrible most of the time still

• Posted

Hi William,

It's a good question for sure and I think it's just different for everyone, I know for me I really had to take extended time out from work - I was off for 5 months completely and had to have a phase return after that. I know some people try to keep working through, it must be so hard to do that. Sometimes as much as the rest it's about removing yourself from stress too as the virus feeds off stress, and I know sometimes it doesn't feel much better when resting either but just to have that time out and not to have to push your body when it's feeling so awful can really help speed up the recovery.

I know I needed that time out and a lot of people do - listen to your body William, last thing you want to do is overdo it at work, sometimes your body just need time out to recovery fully from this thing - I know it's easier said than done though and it's so hard with pressures of life to take time off work sometimes.

Hoping you are feeling much better soon and remember things will get better - it took me a little while but thanks to God only was able to get there, and you will too - thinking of you.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.