What do tick bites look and feel like?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Nearly 30 years ago I had a bite on the inside of my thigh. It was a raised lump that was very white with red at the top and red around the base. The lump inself was hard to the touch and the closest thing I can think to what it looked like is an unripe strawberry. with hair follicles in place of the unripe seeds.

I have seen many photos of the bullseye rash but want to know if the raised hard lump is something anyone else has ever had?

Not long after that my health problems started with headaches which resulted in me losing that job and since then I have had numerous problems which eventually got diagnosed as fibromyalgia and arthritis (although I still dont feel they fit properly). As I am reliant on the NHS I dont get good medical treatment with most of the last 30 years being told by most doctors that my symptoms arent bad enough to warrant further investigation. I have always just about managed to hold on to being able to work until now (but never excelling enough to build a decent career). Every time I get a cold I get a really bad cough which takes longer and longer to go away, this time its been so bad for a couple of months that I cant work with it so am finally starting to get some investigation into whats wrong.

Does this lump sound like the tick bite anyone else has had? I know my symptoms would fit with chronic but this one piece of evidence would help me persuade my doctor that I need a test for lymes.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello big alexG

Change your diet to raw fruit &veg for 1week if you have a juicer juice bunch of celery first thing in the morning do not let it sit drink it as soon as it is ready with regards to your cough look at taking magnesium citrate 400mg per day and400mg calcium per day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.