What do u want from life once u commit to sobr

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was thinking about who my son used to be before alcoholism .This is what I heard in my heartIm going to offer it to u..I heard that a a absent son enslaves his mothers soul to sorrow in suffering in questions I never get answers. 

I have felt that for years. I will never abandon my son. I feel a horrible detachment from my child. 

There is no try there is only do or don't do. I'm still doing....the best I know how! The pain that sent me too the roof opened my eyes that I realized that I was all my son had and yet I could not be there for him any longer. I was the one who never gave up and never betrayed him as I was by him over & over.

To use my heart I want to tell u what I feel. I am so full of grief yet I know I have forgiven my son. I am still a work in progress he is still a work in progress . I may never see my son again before he or I die. I want him to know that I never left his side. I always had faith in him and I always believed in his strength. 

What I heed from my son I lost him years missed out on xyz.

The biggest thing is that I know that I can never trust him with my heart. When a child advocate his position in my heart it affirms betrayal thru addiction. My work is not done I will always be waiting for my soul to heal. It's a work in progress as sobriety .

i could tell u how many years I tried to help my son. I could tell u all the professional help I got him.

i could tell u haw many times he relapsed.

i could tell u no matter what I will always luv him.

I could make a long story shor fast foreword 20 years his is a black out alcoholic.

i could tell u he has been in jail over 32 times.

i could tell u he lives on the streets.

i could tell u someone poured bleach over him while he was passed out.

I could tell u it killed me to see him on life support.

i could tell u he was given a 2nd chance at life.

i can tell u that he threw it down the drain.

I can tell u haw broken my heart is.

I can tell u how much I love him no matter what..

I can tell u life is a gift!

i wrote for other alcoholics or parents to read how the spiral down take not just the alcoholic but his family destroy all those who love them.. It's ugly  not the pretty picture most people could even imagine. The cravings take over the alcoholics soul. A mothers love craves the life of her child.

As usual a alcoholic child is always blamed on the parent. Unless others have been thru it ,  they could not possibly get it or show the slightest concern. Society blames the alcoholic for the addiction and they are socially castrated.

my heart is broken I know that my son is one who just cannot find sobriety. I love him no matter what ! 

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you realy are a very careing mother x
    • Posted

Here  is how I grieve thru the loss of my sons life to addiction.

I remember the good things , who he was and what  a  beautiful father son brother & husband he was. 

I choose to remember the zest he had  for life he had rather than the futility of forgetting the way all our lives could have been.

thankx Al so much for UR support..

• Posted

Dear hope 4cure,

You must have amazing strength and great courage to face the terrible sadness of your son's addiction...I am certain that he would never have meant to hurt you in any way xx Do you have any support at all for yourself? Such as al-anon, or through your own doctor. You have faced the most awful tragedies and faced them with compassion and understanding...

I pray from the bottom of my heart for you to have inner peace and for your son to be freed from his awful drinking and regain his health and self respect....take very good care of yourself and never ever give up hope and faith....

Sincerest regards to you,  Deirdre xxx

• Posted

I have had to have strength to face all the social and indescribable misinformation about addiction from alcohol many many years.  How it holds the mind prisoner and throws away the key.  There r so many misunderstandings and beliefs about this disease. Is it ever going to change? That's what is so overwhelming for any one trying to quit, from doctors to carpenters.

U know and I know from our personal experiences in different ways..to be true. The thinking process in most of those not involved have disgust and anger for those who have had the madness touch their lives...it's so sad.. I have seen stray dogs picked up off the streets receive better treatment than alcoholics. That's a true statement!

U have expierenced the madness of addiction. It breaks my heart to know all that u too have suffered and continue to fight off the demons every day.

that takes strength and determination. Sobriety is what life really has given u to cope with UR feelings and UR a hero in many ways. 

I can tell u have a lot of support as I do too! I'ts always a pleasure to see u helping others. Hope to see u soon..

{{hugs}}

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.