What do you do if you feel constipated for 2 days?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi! Any suggestions,tips on experiencing constipation for 2 days.

Thanks!!

Katherine xxx

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kathrine

about 4 months ago i  was similar to you and the GP gave me lactulose to

take twice a day and senna tablets. two at night which did help reasonably quick. I`ve had constipation again this last week but this time the medicines weren`t working and thinkinking i`d never get any bowel movement. This time the GP gave me satchets of Laxido to take twice a day. Ive been eating plenty of fruit and veg and drinking lots of water and luckily that has worked so far. I hope this has been of help

• Posted

Prune juice works best for me I take a lot of meds and sometimes it's 2 weeks with being constipated works within a few hours
  • Posted

Try drinking 1-2 cups of prune juice but no more than that or you will have the runs lol....You can also try dirnking a TON of water slowly though...it will help flush you out 
  • Posted

Hi Katherine I wouldn't be too worried about not going for 2 days, I may be not what your used to but if you increase your water and fruit intake you should start to go naturally. If you still can't go I would ask your GP for a lacitives, but you don't want your body becoming dependant on them and loose your natural ability to go.

I've been severly constipated for almost a year, at the end of August I hadn't been for a bowel movement for 17 days even though I regularly take 3 lacitives a day. xx

• Posted

WOW Kimmy!!! 17 days!! I would be in SEVERE pain if I didnt go for 17 days. You risk getting impacted by not having a BM for that long., That is really unhealthy! I am in severe pain if I dont go in three days lol. I have labor like pains. I guess each body is different but I try to go within 2 days just to get all that build up of waste out of my system and to prevent cramps and other complications. If I have not gone in 2 days I drink 2 cups of Prunce juice. Increasing your water intake and fiber (leafy greens) will help. I have heard that greens are the best thing to eat for constipation and try to drink at least 60-120 ounces of water a day
    • Posted

I know sad it actually happened when I was in hospital, I was in for 3 weeks. They weren't actually to bothered about not going they wanted my pain under control first. I'd had about 4 suppositorys and 5 enemas to help me go! I usually go a week with no movement even 2 weeks then need an enema.

I was recently diagnosed with a rare condition called fowlers syndrome which mean I can't urinate by myself. I never feel the urge to go either and my bowels are now the same! I have a supra puibc catheter in. I seen the gastrointestinal when I was in but I was just to unwell so seeing him in November about my bowels. Been referred to colorectal surgeons too 😩 It's such a horrible thing being constipated, even when I have enemas I have to strain! No amount of water or lacitives help!

• Posted

Hello Katrine,

Two days is not good but still ok but more that 2 days need to be taken seriously, you should learn yourself to go to toalett  every day. This is not difficult. read the following:

morning start with cold fresh water about 1-1.5 liter2. a breakfast mostly with bread with enough fiber, at least  6-8 g fiber/100g bread (forget bread without fiber) + in some cases a cup of coffee, becasue it is helpful to relife constipitation

3. take a kiwi per day. this fruit is miracle for constipitation,

4. Then when I go to the toalett  start to massage my upper part of stomach ( under chest)  from right to left. this action stimulate the colon. beside of all these actions I need every 2-3 weeks take a tablet to solve possible constipitation problems, becasue I take some foods which is not good for me.

• Posted

Kimmy ask your doctor about taking some Go lightly. My best friend has to drink it sometimes when she gets constipated. She has colitis so she has to go or could end up in the hospital. Also, increase your water intake to 90-120 ounces a day...I would drink some right after you eat. You can also try eating some prunes --between 5-6 a day, and drink between 1-2 cups prune juice. That should help. Go lightly WILL help you go lol You will be on the toilet for a while lol 
    • Posted

Sabalan gave good advice too. I need to try massaging my stomach when I am bound up 
    • Posted

I'll ask about that's when I'm there on Thursday. I'm currently taking 20ml of dulcolax 3 times a day and laxido twice a day, also on lactose. Been on Senna tablets and some others but nothing really helps. I'm on ALOT of pain relief including 2 forms of morphine and tramadol which is really not helping me at all sad prune juice seems to work quite well but it just goes right through me too much haha I've had to increase my water intake anyway because of this catheter but might try add a wee bit more. I've not heard of go lightly but I'll definitely ask him about it smile
    • Posted

Oh good let me know what he says. I am so sorry for your miserysad I hope your condition improves 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.