What do you feel when you have a hot flash at night?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I ve had some minor hot flashes before, I also had anxiety upon awakenings, but recently i am plgued with very heavy heart palps-racing-plus severe stomach pain that happens at night. I feel it in my sleep-although I can almost never fall asleep for hours, and when I do I am plagued with this symptom. I do not feel hot, at least I do not realize that, I do not really sweat either. the symptoms came with a period that came 3 months after cessation. Can it be iron deficiency? or just regular peri-meno sh*t? Ladies, can you relate?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi there. my hot flashes only happens at night or more accurately very early in the morning around 5 AM. My hot flashes start with a burning sensation in my sternum which feels like indigestion except that it’s not. And I get a rapid feeling of heat that goes from my sternum all the way up to my face and in five seconds I am sweating profusely and my heart rate hits the roof. But only last for about five seconds but then of course they repeat themselves over and over.

• Posted

Omg Andrea that is my hot flashes to a tea.... Always the burning and then the flash... Good Lord can't wait for this to be over.

• Posted

yes, this might be it. i used to have hot flashes when I was withdrawing from benzodiazepines, but I felt the het wave in the back-coming from the adrenals -lie a wave of heat and fear. When did you get those flashes? In peri or after?

• Posted

im still in peri. im 47 and still have a period but very irregular. have had hot flashes now for almost a year now. many mornings now but not every. worse during period. yes hot flashes in beginning gave me full on panic attacks but i could tell it was a physiological reaction in my body not psychological but took me 3-4 months to figure out they were hot flashes! i thought they only happened after your period stopped and only in your 50's+

• Posted

My hot flashes typically come during the night but I can also experience one if I get too warm - it will bring one on.

At night, I always wake before it happens. Then within 30 seconds of waking, I feel my heart speed up and my whole body gets hot. I get a sense of anxiety. I sweat between my breasts and inside my elbows. Those are the two areas that are the most uncomfortable. It will pass in 2-3 minutes.

For me, it can happen 2-3 times a night. However, there are some nights where it won't happen at all but those nights are rare.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.