What do you guys think?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been fatigued and had digestive problems the past couple of years. I've had massive bloating where I look 6 months pregnant, terrible gas, mucous in my stools, some dark smelly stools and some light coloured. I don't have a pattern to passing stools, it can be 1-4 times a day. I'm not celiac as I had the blood test and I've just put it down to IBS. Fast forward to the last 8 months I'm extremely fatigued have swollen glands in my neck constantly and have hot flushes and generally feel crap. I went to my doctor 2 days ago for a full range of blood tests for maybe glandular fever or thyroid problems or some other virus ? But now I've had blood in my stools the last 2 days and lots of mucous..

I'm scared this could be something sinister. I will ring the doc tomorrow and ask for a colonoscopy or more tests.

What do you guys honestly think about all of this ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also have a really weird appetite, sometimes I don't wanna eat and other times I make up for it by being starving! I get nauseous and dizzy sometime too but put it down to blood pressure

• Posted

Hi there, have you had an ultrasound? Looking that bloated makes me thing there could be a benign tumor or growth there. My girlfriend had one removed last month and you would not believe the difference. She was also extremely fatigued. I can't remember what it was called but was found by Ultrasound. Best of luck!

• Posted

Oh wow , that's good to keep in mind! Was that in her colon or stomach ?

Glad she's doing better

• Posted

I would definitely push for the colonoscopy it could be so many things if you are young its rare for it to be something sinisterthe bloating would be a cause for concern I'm not a doctor peace of mind would be priceless don't let the doctor fob you off as they sometimes do I wish you luck keep us posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.