what do you think???

Posted , 3 users are following.

I m looking for some opinions as to whats going on with me please?

for around a year now I have been having a swollen area to the right of my stomach and up a bit, if I press the area its hard and makes me want to be sick, this has been coming and going, sometimes I m fine for weeks then it starts again, I also feel really tired and quite unwell when this happens. I also have the feeling of something being on the edge of my ribs just next to this area. Recently the area below my right rib is very tender to touch if I breathe out and doing the murphy's test and I can feel it much more often, and have now been have stabbing pains in this area and it feels swollen much more, i cant relate it to any food i eat, so iam wondering whether it is my gallbladder or not cause food doesn't seem to make it worse

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am a cancer patient & I've been told my gall bladder is bad. I need some advice
    • Posted

Hi Larry....sorry to hear of your cancer, its a tough road! What kind of advice are you looking for? I can't give anything "medical" but I may have some form of answer.
  • Posted

Hi Kate, I can't really say that its gallbladder, all I know is my pain was right in the centre of my ribcage (just below the chest) Very intense, hard to breathe, nauseous and constant. The right side of the ribs was tender but not excruciating.

You really should see someone though, just to make sure its nothing serious.

My pain after the surgery has lessened thankfully, but I also started taking enzymes and  pro-biotics. Not sure if thats helping or not but I feel pretty good. Hope you get answers soon.

• Posted

Hi Kate90354

before I had my GB out the pain built up and up until I was extremely sick, sometimes I could relate it to food, other times it was because I hadn't eaten anything.  Towards the end though I had cut out all fats etc but the GB was too poorly and the 

pain became more frequent along with the sickness.

since the surgery the pain is constant, my surgery was in January!  Yes I feel like I have a babies foot in my right ribs, the bottom of the ribs feels bruised and the centre Qhadrant during an attack burns through to my back.  It can come in waves like labour pain then as well.

A pain all the way through this has been weirdly my shoulder blade, apparently not uncommon. 

I don't know why but i actually found that a glass of red wine helped,  apparently in France red wine is widely known for its positive effects on breaking down fats etc.

Go and see your GP and ket us all know how you get on :-)

• Posted

YES YOUR RIGHT FRENCH RED WINE I FOUND HELPED TOO

AND 30 BILLION PRO-BIOTIC GO TO THE HEALTH FOOD STORE  AM A OLD HIPPIE BACK WHEN I WORE FLOWERS IN MY HAIR AND TORN JEANS I WAS MUCH INTO TO HEALTH, AS I GOT OLDER QUICK FIX WAS GREASEY HAMBURGER SHAKE FRIES YUM

BUT ALWAY STAYED IN SHAPE TO THIS DAY. BUT I DO BELIVE

BAD FOOD IS THE CULPERT AND GENES 

CHANGING DIET HELPS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.