What do you think about an injection in the knee to stop the swelling ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i think that my AS is getting back after a 5 or 6 months of remission and i'm very confused about what to do. the first symptom till now is my right knee which is swollen 

so i want a solution with an immediate effect mainly i'm 22 and an intern as a nurse anesthesist so i need to be standing for a long periods. what do you suggest about a cortisone injection ? is it effective immediately ? and for how long my knee will be without swelling ? thank you all

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi ninou96

I have recently had a cortisone injection in my shoulder for bursitis and it is very effective..i suffered dreadful pain and unable to sleep. The pain took up to 3 days to abate and i am now sleeping well...my best wishes to you on whatever you decide to do...

• Posted

Hi lilian 

I'm very happy for you. hope you stay out the pain forever 

• Posted

Hi ninou96

Thank you..i hope so too....hope your pain eventually goes forever too!!...best wishes..

• Posted

They say it lasts for about 3 months if you’re lucky. Kenalog is the one they usually use, mixed with levobupivacaine.
    • Posted

ben

The response to the injection is very personnel corticosteroid injections can provide months to years of relief.

and if you have a personnel experience with an injection please tell me about it .thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.