What do your partners think of your hidranitis scars or lesions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Personally I'm so embarrassed.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I know it's awful , I've not had a relationship for a lng time because it looks so horrid 

• Posted

I have been single since I found out 5 yrs ago. Guess that answers your question?
  • Posted

I have been married for 7 years. Apart from HS scars in my underarms, I also have raised acne scars on my upper back, acne pits on my face & surgical scars on my tailbone.

My husband has no issues with any of this. He loves me for, who I am. He has been my rock and has always encouraged me, even when I had doubts about my physical appearance.

He is the reason I could overcome acute HS after 15 yrs of struggling with it.

Don't be embarrassed. There is nothig shameful about the scars and lesions.

There are wonderful people out there in the world. Love yourself, be brave. Good things will happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.