What does a new molluscum look like?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi,

ive suffered from molluscum since december, recently with the help of potassium hydroxide and removing swollen lesions im down to 0 confirmed bumps in the last couple of weeks

so now im just focusing on noticing new ones but the problem is they are microscopic. i have noticed 2-3 new shiny bumps the size of a pinhead and wanted to get peoples opinion on whether these will grow to be molluscum bumps. im treating them like they are because at this point im losing my mind and am not taking any chances, but it would be good if people could confirm - perhaps you had bumps like these that became prominent MC bumps after a while?

most of them are situated right next to a hair follicle but with no hair coming out of it which is why i think it is different to folliculitis

thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

Hey,

So I've been battling with molluscum for about five years now... the bumps that I get are so microscopic just like the one your picture shows. I'm honestly not 100% sure that's what it is but I'm so fearful of spreading this horrible virus so I just treat them like they are contagious. This virus is awful because it is so hard to tell which bumps are concerning and which ones are normal since they are so f*****g tiny. I'm thinking about getting a biopsy on bumps like those tiny ones because I'm so sick and tired of feeling like my body is contagious and I want to put this all in the past so badly. If you happen to find out what it is please let me know! Also, how did you treat yours with potassium hydroxide??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.