What does a review MR need to see

Posted , 3 users are following.

In writing my last post it suddenly occured to me that at MR you are attempting to get a DM to change a colleagues decision, and to keep the number of successful MR’s as low as possible

With that said what does a review DM want or need to see in order to change a decision

There will be the common ones: no medical evidence, essential information left out, minimising the condition and people chanceing their arm - they wouldn’t: would they 🤓 but beyond those how do you convince him to change the decision

Kevin

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

The simple answer is with extreme difficulty. Most MR decisions are rubber stamped with the same decision as the previous one, believe it or not. The problem is you can't take it to tribunal without first asking for the MR and DWP use this. Only 20% of MR decisions are successful, that's very low. 70% of Tribunals are successful for those who appear in person.

Some people advice to request the MR ASAP and not to both with any extra evidence because the chances are so low of a decision changing. Bad, i know but it is what it is.

Appear at Tribunal for the best possible out come.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.