What does CRPS feel like

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been experiencing pain and problems for over 5yrs now. The last Dr I saw told me he thinks it's a nerve pain syndrone and the way he explained it is similar to the way cRPS works but he didn't go into a lot of detail and as far as I understand it cRPS is more like an acid bath on the skin, is this accurate description of pain?

My pain is deep like bone and not skin and a lot of the time it's a heavy, numb burn rather than sharp and stingy.

That doesn't sound like cRPS right?

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Charlotte,

I think CRPS comes in many forms.I have the flames but mostly needles,wires and heat.I also have pain,real pain.I think the spectrum of symptoms is enormous.I have heard many speak of their kind of pains but I do not fall into their category even though I have been diagnosed with it?

• Posted

Dear Charlotte,

CRPS stands for 'complex regional pain syndrome'It is very complex and means an array of symptoms ,individuals feeling different symptoms and different levels of pain.At first it is characterized by swelling,redness,burning,terrible burning.It changes,my fingers fix,tremble,needles,burbing and my hands hate the cold or change in temperature.Mine has symptoms not related to the original wound site too.It is different for everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.