What does depression feel like

Posted , 7 users are following.

3 months ago strange symptoms started to happen to me.. i became very sad and weak.. i started to feel tingly all over non stop.. i have headaches every single day.. i have weird pains in the back of my head.. head vibrations, suddenly got floaters in my eyes so bad.. i stopped being interested in everything i once loved. i lost my job because how sick i felt and i dont have the motivation because i feel awful. doctor swore it was anxiety but something in my heart tells me its not. can depression cause such symptoms? please let me know.. ive been worrying so much i might have a brain tumor or an illness. nobody believes my pain 😦(

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It really does sound like depression to be honest.

Start going to the gym, or swimming or some sort of exercise, eat well and talk on here or to friends about how you feel each day as many times a day or night that you need to.

Keep thinking positive I know it's hard, if after 1 month it has no improvement, go to the dr and start some meds.

All the best x

• Posted

Hi candy, the picture you've painted is of a depressed person, i hope you get the support you need. Good luck with it all, maybe try a different doctor?

• Posted

I agree with yout Dpctor that' it's anxiety particularly health anxiety. but they say that anxiety goes hand in hand with depression, sometimes i'ts hard to know.

• Posted

Hi I agree with the others that this sounds like depression as it can easily cause physical symptoms.

I will say though that your doctor needs to carry out some basic tests in case it does have a physical cause. Lack of certain vitamins can cause depression especially vitamin B12. You need to have blood tests done for vitamin deficiency and your iron levels checked too.

If it is anything physical the least likely thing is to be a brain tumour! Despite what we read these are incredibly rare so it would be extremely unlikely. x

• Posted

Hi all's I can say it's like a black hole and as much as you try to get out you keep being sucked in .

• Posted

It is anxiety. You have some symptoms of depression but the anxiety side seems dominant. When you are anxious and afraid, nothing is interesting and nothing is enjoyable. I've been experiencing similar symptoms for two months and my doctor said it is anxiety disorder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.