What does it feel like to have Klinefelters' syndrome?

Posted , 68 users are following.

Another contributor wishes to discuss what it feels like to have Klinefelters' syndrome, so I thought I'd start a discussion on that topic, see what comes of it?

I'd like to be able to choose XXY as a place to put this discussion, then we can chat about what it feels like to be fat, or to have gynaecomastia, or to be sterile, and any other disease associated with being XXY.

6 likes, 399 replies

399 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

At first I felt normal then in my late 20s I started feeling left out. Although I did a lot of covering up and hiding my pain. Now I'm 40 and for the last 8 to 10 years I've been more focused on me because I started drinking alcohol to suppress the pain so I thought. I've since went to rehab and now I'm thankful for 80 days clean.

• Posted

You replied to me 10 months ago and I missed it, how did that happen?(eyes looking upward in a guilty fashion) 😄

Occasionally I have bouts of excessive drinking, I just feel the need, and do it. I'm wealthy enough, more or less retired, I can afford it, and alcohol (unlike tobacco) is cheap.

I made a video a couple of days ago titled "KS is the second biggest &^%#up in my life, XXY is the first"

Yes I am different, I also have a beautiful daughter at university and she needs me, even if only to cook her food and pay her bills from time to time, she still needs me. And it's nice to be needed.

• Posted

yes ur definitely right its good when someone needs u!!!

• Posted

I was diagnosed last year and have been on T the same amount of time.

I've always had a stomach and I gained more weight on T, however, exercise works .

What can be frustrating is the new feelings and urges you get with T. An Insatiable desire that doesn't go away and can increase from thoughts and/or visual stimuli.

• Posted

Just because the genes say one thing, it doesnt mean things cannot change for us. For example diabetes is in my family, tons of members have it, but it doesnt affect me, genes can change and they can also carry weight off us and not apply to all who have the same genes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.