What does it feel like when Sertraline works?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know this might be a strange question as everyone is different and has different reasons for taking Sertraline.

Just wondering what does it feel like when it actually works - when do you know the surge of side effects has passed?

Currently sat in work, on my third camomile tea. Exhausted with being an anxious mess and trying not to run out and breakdown.

Hoping this can work miracles and giving it a serious go on Monday.

Suppose I am just after reassurance as Fluoxetine has a horrible experience.

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. I can ou speak of my own experience but in a nutshell sertaline has saved my life.

I started end of July on 25 then worked up to 50. Yes side effects were there but I kept myself busy and tried not to dwell on it. It took around 2 weeks to settle then I really started to feel the benefits from then until around the 6 week mark where I realised I felt more like me.

The first thing I noticed was no knot in my tummy when I woke up and my view on life was alot brighter. Don't get me wrong I still have bad days.. sometime a few in a row but sp much better than I was before.

You have to listen to yourself. If you want to relax, do it, if you want to go on your bike or a walk, do it.. doing well drinking camomile tea. I have about 4 cups a day and I do feel the difference.

Good luck and stick with it.

• Posted

While the medication is levelling out I experience really vivid dreams. some good, some bad.

The day I know the medication has found its balance I wake up with a pleasant feeling in my head and I'm keen to start my day.

All of the activities I enjoyed before I became unwell have heightened pleasure.

For example, I am currently experiencing a bout of mild-moderate depression and I'm watching a concert from my planner.

When I'm better I will be singing along to it and even getting goosebumps at certain points.

Getting better for me is like seeing in colour once again.

I should say it's crucial to keep doing the activities you enjoyed before you became unwell because the enjoyment WILL return.

If you withdraw into yourself it's likely to increase anxiety.

You have to push yourself. The medication will help but you need to fight too.

Hard work but so worth it when you can see clearly again.

Hope this helps.

C X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.