What does it mean that my RHEUMATOID FACTOR (IGG) <=6 (U) was 6

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please help!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think it means you are exactly on the limit, you have to be 6 or less and you are 6 whether this would be classed as negative or positive I don't know I think this is correct but don't quote me on it! Hope it helps, have you had a any other blood tests that may offer further suggestions?

• Posted

A rheumatoid factor level is only one thing in a whole range of information that creates a picture about autoimmune disorders. As Emily says, yours is at the top end of what is regarded as the normal range. A low figure is often termed "negative" a raised figure as "positive" - but even that isn't meaningful on its own and perfectly healthy people may have a high level and people with active rheumatoid disease may have a low or "negative" level. It is thought that a healthy person with a high level is more likely to go on and develop rheumatoid disease at some later point and the lack of a raised level is termed "seronegative" if the patients have symptoms.

So all it really means at present is that you have a RF level of 6. In combination with other results your doctor will decide what they think is going on. I'm afraid you will have to be patient.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.