What does mild gastritis mean?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I'm 18 years old and for the past 7 months i been suffering from diffuculity swollowing, excessive burping, bloating, and when i drink or eat i feel it go down to my lower left side.

Today i got an endoscopy done and they told me i had mild gastritis, they also took 2 biopsies which have made me nervous but i dont get results for those until a few weeks.

I have tested negative for h.plyroi and i dont drink or smoke.

None of the acid reducing medcine has worked for me.

Is anyone here going threw something similar?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes several times.

Biopsy is nothing to worry about, very common procedure, usually benign but they like to check.

Has your doctor put you on a PPI for 8 weeks. I have to take twice the usual dose to keep mine under control and not to have a symptoms.

Does something like Gaviscon work for you 

• Posted

Impossible, they have to work. They will reduce your stomach acid dramatically, therefore your stomach lining will heal. Just take it 30-45 minutes before your morning meal
    • Posted

I have... I took omeprazole for 5 months every single day and it didnt help at all.

I tried nexum and many other ones as well...

• Posted

Well if you got chronic gastritis then it's crhonic. Just take your pills then. I believe you are still better with them than without them. I've got chronic gastritis for 6 years. Been on endoscopies for 6x times. Now on PPIs for life. I don't have H.pylori either. My stomach just makes too much acid therefore I have to take them. I got gastritis at 19. 

Go to your GP and see what he says...

• Posted

Yes im going tommoraw, its just today i had my 1st endoscopy and i was still kind of dizzy from the anesthesia.

When you took your PPIs did you feel better after a feel weeks?

Becuase i swear i tried like 5 diffrenet ones in the course of 7 months and none made me feel any better.

• Posted

Yes I did feel better in a few weeks. I had ulcers, erosive gastritis (bleeding gastritis), bleeding esophagus, etc. and yes I didn't go for an anesthesia. The only bad thing was the doctor being unprofessional and saying  Jesus, omg etc during the procedure. After 6 weeks on PPIs I recovered but since my condition is chronic I have to take them daily now and after being a year on them I feel fantastic since I overproduce stomach acid this is the only therapy for me I guess. Do you think you may be suffering from anxiety? Are you constantly worrying about something? Because doctors say that anxiety can cause chr. gastritis.

Don't worry too much the PPIs are doing there thing and keeping your stomach safe maybe you feel the pain but at least you stomach is "safe" because the acid isn't destroying your lining since there isn't any of it.

Talk to your doctor then report here if you wish.

• Posted

Well, i can not tell a lie I am guilty of being a stressful person.

I will go to the doctors tommorow.

Thank you very much for helping me understand things. Cheers

• Posted

I take lanzoprozle 15mg no effect, 30mg does the job HOWEVER I still have to watch what I eat as certain foods will trigger it and I have to eat regularly. If I go,long periods without eating that will trigger it.

ppi should be taken in the morning 30mins before breakfast, do you eat breakfast and lunch?

• Posted

I'm the same I make to much acid as well and take Lanzoprazol 30mg a day and gaviscon advanced and I also take Zantac some days and still get heartburn but I have a very stressful life I'm a career fro my daughter she as very severe seizures everyday so that naked me make far to much acid

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.