What does minimal conduction of right bundle branch mean

Posted , 3 users are following.

i went to the hospital over chest pain blood pressure dropping and irregular heart rate. i ended up leaving because i waited for over 3 hours in waiting room and my husband had to work early and i needed to get home to my children. my dr called and said they seen where i visited and wanted to know if i wanted to make an appointment. this seemed odd to me cause they have never done that before so i logged onto hospital site to see if my ekg results were in and it said minimal conduction of right bundle branch and im curious if anyone knows what this means i have been trying to research but cant really find clear answers that i understand

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I see this is quite an old message now.

Chest pain should be investigated. If you have not already done so, contact your doctor, ask for referral to a cardiologist.

I am only trying to answer the question about bundle branch conductivity to the best of my understanding.

I am not a doctor, From what I understand the result refers to the ECG's measurement of natural electrical conductivity in your heart. (Do a search for "bundle branch block". )

The heart's own electrical impulses normally travel from its natural central pacemaker, called the sinus node, down conductive pathways, or bundles, within the heart. These paths carry the electrical signal to the heart's right and left ventricles. The ventricles are the muscular chambers that circulate blood returning from your body along to your lungs for oxygenation and then back from the lungs out around the body again, including the muscles of the heart itself.

The heart normally has its muscular contractions - beats - coordinated by those central pace-making signals. When signalling (conduction) is weak, other naturally generated rhythm signals for the muscles of the lower chambers might become dominant. Muscular contractions of the upper and lower chambers might then at times become unsynchronised, which would feel irregular. There may be other heart conditions, medical or circulatory conditions to further understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.