What does my liver blood test results mean?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I have been having a rough time lately. All started Christmas time when I started with diarrhoea. Its been chronic since then. I suffer with pale, fatty stools and stomach pains. The gp blamed ibs for weeks until I begged for a stool test. I was given a fecal calprotectin test and it came back high at 90. So now they are finally listening and I've been referred to the gastro. So in December I had bloods and all normal. They repeated them yesterday as now they know it's not ibs. My liver test came back normal apart from 1. The ALP is low! It's 37 (UK reading) my GP ordered the blood for the gastro when I finally go so I've not spoke to the GP. They just put "no action" when I rang for the results. I can't eat high fat foods as it results in a fatty stool and makes me feel sick. I've felt like crap for weeks. Anyone had low ALP?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.