What does this mean ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im on my 6th week of 50mg sertraline . i wake each morning with crippling anxiety heart racing mind racing just dont know how to face the day . this lasts most of the day but then often in the evenings i feel calm and better in myself . only to wake the next day feeling horrendous again

Does this mean it might be beginning to work ?

i feel so so bad with anxiety during the day that t i feel i wont survive this .

im terrified to increase .

Do i just need longer on the 50 ?

please help

i desperately need support .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you might need a little longer on the 50mg it can take 8-10 weeks to feel full effects but thats good in the evenings you're starting to feel better and the effect of sertraline. Hopefully in a couple more weeks you'll start to feel that when you wake up too.

I have heard that sertraline can cause nightmares and night panics in the first month or two maybe thats causing the panics when you are waking up.

• Posted

Hi,

Was around 4 weeks on 50mg, then upped it to 100mg about 10 days ago.

Yes, the anxiety and feeling generally rubbish is most days, especially bad in the morning

Like you, the evenings are a tad better and especially after Dinner. While the fogginess and tiredness seem to get better in the last week, today has not been good at all. Brain fog and Anxiety off the scale.

Hope someone with some positive experiences after a few weeks can chime in. I have been on Ads for a long time, but this time round, (swapped from Citalopram), it is never ending

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.