What does this sound like to you?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Symptoms. . .

1. Sore throat, but no cold.

2. Was only on one side (right). But now both sides (or at least it feels so - more spread out).

3. Congested only when sleeping, only right nostril and only when sleeping on right side - decongests when I get on my left.

4. Persisting for 8 days now.

5. Throat hurts/burns when I drinkroom temperature water but no pain when drinking cold water or any other drink.

6. Coughing.

7. Coughing phlegm, almost clear.

8. Runny nose, thick discharge similar to the last stage of a cold.

9. Voice change (kind of like when you first wake up).

10. Cigarette smoke irritated my throat. I am not a smoker.

Some more info:

I have rhinitis. Had it all my life. I recently had been taking antihistamine (cetirizine) everyday (10mg) for 3 months. Changed cities and stopped taking it. This problem started shortly afterwards.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.