What does your Costo pain feel like?

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi, wondered if those suffering with Costo could describe for me (as best you can) exactly what your pain feels like and where in the chest are it is situated and/or radiates to?

Thanks

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just wondering... Do any of you have other health issues? I have Mitochondrial Disease (along with another what's considered "rare" disease) and think my Costo may have started as a result of the Mitochondrial Disease even though it hasn't been an issue up until 1 1/2 yrs ago.

I try to stay positive thru my situations however, being sick and in pain every single day of my life the last 9 yrs does take its toll. I try to connect the dots on my own sometimes when I interact with others who have some of the same conditions I deal with such as the Costo so just curious if anyone else has other conditions as well that may play a role in this?

• Posted

I was having stomach problems and my gp referred me to a GI doctor who decided I should have a scope done with came back that I had H pylori. And I was treated for it but it took 3 different rounds of treatment to cure it. It wasn't until after that, that I started having chest pains and went to the ER over 10x thinking I was having a heart attack and was later diagnosed with chest wall pain/ Costochondritis and severe anxiety. In the mist of all that I was diagnosed with high blood pressure

• Edited

HI Sarah. My Costro pain feels like a stabbing pain sometimes and others like a burning pain. Costro radiates from left to right rib and can affect back and shoulders. Somtimes the pain appears under my left breast as well. Hope this helps  Good luck
  • Posted

I believe I have this though not diagnosed. I've been tracking my symptoms and it seems when I'm ovulating I get heavy chest pains, sore muscles (glands?) Surrounding my sternum and the pain radiates to my upper shoulders and into my head. Sometimes my left arm feels achy and the glands at my elbows and palms are sore to touch. This lasts several days and then suddenly subsides. I've had all my organs checked and EKG done on my heart. All fine. I also have adenomyosis and diastisis recti, wondering if these are contributing factors to my costo. I literally feel your pain! Anyone tried any natural remedies? Currently using a heating bag and drinking dandelion tea. Not helping much though...

• Posted

I have never been officially diagnosed with costro, but it was mentioned as a possibility. I've had 3 chest x-rays over the course of 9 months, 3 EKGs, blood work of all kinds, an abdominal ultrasound and an abdominal CT. All the tests were basically normal. I say basically because the abdominal CT did show some mildly enlarged lymph nodes in my lower right quadrant, but they're thought to be not much of concern since they're in an area that I don't have pain. I guess if they were larger and causing pain they'd be more worried that they're something sinister. I have a follow-up abdomen CT and a new chest CT at the end of the month. Seemingly that will be the end of the road test wise for me.

My pain started in JUN 2020 as a "being poked with a safety pin" sensation in various areas of my ribs and a little cramping in my upper abdomen. That went away at the end of the year and changed to a sharp pain in my lower left chest when I twist and a dull ache in my right chest. The left sided pain lasts a few weeks, is gone for a few days, then comes back. The right sided pain is relatively new and seems to be better at night. I assume since the pain keeps changing it's not life threatening and more and more likely costro.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.