What does your ibs pain feel like???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello I've been having stomach problems over a year now I've had every test ran under the Sun ct scans mri's colonoscopy endoscope blood work stool test my gi says ibs and constipation I got my gallbladder removed 2014 every since I've been having problems with my stomach symptoms chronic upper and lower right side pain. Makes me scared it's my appendix the flare up last up to 3 weeks I also have flank pain and groin pain all on the right side and sometimes I have pain under ribs I was wondering if anyone experience this and of so what helps right now I'm taking bentyl for ibs and celexa for anxiety because this pain Makes me panicky

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry that you're in this pain right now. Hopefully you'll find your magic cure one day smile

Though replying to the title, my IBS pain is really bad cramping in my intestines. They usually fluctuate between tolerable and intolerable. They're literally everywhere. I can't hide from them. They're unpredictable, so they range from being sharp, to dull, to achey, and I never will know what I'm getting. They're mostly in my lower right quadrant (where the large intestine starts) and my lower left (where it ends). I also get them on my upper quadrant everywhere and it radiates down before and during a bowel movement. To be honest, with everything, I feel like my whole abdomen's really sensitive. It's also been getting to my stomach where it's now even more sensitive. I also get pain under my ribs and my flank. Today I just got an MRI and have gotten an Xray, Ultrasound, Blood Tests, etc, and have only been told I have IBS. Still on that search for the right cure and diagnosis, so I hope you gets yours soon.

• Posted

Thank you for replying sorry your going through this as well sounds like we're going through the samething just different sides hopefully we'll all find a cure😊
  • Posted

While desperately researching evertpything under the sun cause ive been going through this two years now I looked into gallbladder disease etc. I have mine but when they take it out don't you have to be on enzyme supplements to break down food or is it fats? Are you taking these?

but mine is ALL OVER my intestines, I "feel" it's mostly gas related but I suspect inflammation in general aggravated by when I eat. The pains go from up high under my ribs to down low and feel like ovary pains...

to my upper back and sometimes lower... It's a miserable life period!

• Posted

Hello thanks for replying no they didn't tell me I had to taking anything thanks for saying that I will bring it up to my gi I get bad gas too and the pain goes down in my ovary too scary I'm always thinking it's my appendix
    • Posted

Your GI might be against natural remedies as most of them are. I'd talk to him But consult a naturopath or herbalist too. If your not breaking down food it ferments and causes gas etc. while I know little about this stuff I do know that. I'd say that might be your prob but seek the experts help yeh wink
  • Posted

hi nakisha, have you tried asking your doctor about the side effects of your  IBS medicine or anxiety medicine? go for natural alternative..there are ,or there should be, a natural remedy for the different symptoms that you are experiencing right now.
  • Posted

just go and meet your doctor that carry out operation on u earlier

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.