What else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I just got done with dry needling in my neck and shoulders, about 15 sessions...It helped a little, but, had to stop. Has anyone else tried this?  Only can get so many, due to causing scar tissue to build up. So? I am back to my good old days, everyday of head- banging pain!

The only thing that gives me any comfort is seeing this group, and, knowing I am not alone. I have thought many times in the last 5 yrs what the heck, a migraine everyday all day! Where did my life go? How do I get family and friends to understand why I don't have get togethers, and, my house is a dungeon....Well, no longer a social person...just existing from day to day...feels like I am gonna go crazy! I will also mention my doctor lectures me about being 60 lbs over weight...I am a diabetic, now on insulin! Shoot! It is now almost summer, dreaded winter is over and I can't tollerate the bright sun and warm weather! My air conditioner is my friend-rolleyes

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I totally understand...I am so sick of the headaches too.  It really gets me down.  Some people tell me to have a positive outlook, ummm, how??? When you are in pain every day its hard.  I know I take wayyy too much Imitrex but its the only way I can have 8-12 hours of no pain. 
    • Posted

I am unable to take the usual migraine medication. At present I am on percocet for pain and I hate it! I have taken about 6-8 migraine medications and the side effects for me was unbareable! All migraine meds are in the same faimly. Dry needling is also a very painful attempt to end my pain....wish it had worked and made it all worth it!
    • Posted

Yes, it is too unreal that some people just don't understand chronic pain.

I have had some reactions that are too goofy...to put it mildly.

I hope you feel better soon, and am sending {HUGS} and prayers!

• Posted

Hang in there, Rocketman. You are truly not alone. I pray you get some relief, soon. Keep in touch.
    • Posted

Thank you bert72903-

I have been researching magnesium since pepto contains it....Seems from what I read and understand many of us that suffers from migraines are truly lacking in magnesium. Our kidneys excrete if we have healthy kidneys, it's a go to take at start 84mg 2 times a day. Can gradually increase by 1 more. If too much maybe diahrea, LOl! So, stop at that dose. Magnesium relaxes muscles and helps blood vessels allow the flow of blood, helping our migraines. it is also used in heart patients for better blood flow. Sounds good I am gonna try it! Can't hurt-

bert72903, God Bless you for your prayers....biggrin

• Posted

Sending you all healing thoughts and prayers! I was so sick a year ago with migraines, worse than that really- ER visits-stroke like symptoms, it's been basically a year of recovery. Did a ton of research, not easy as like most of you, computer time makes things worse. I am now pretty much migraine free. So there is hope. I had to change my whole lifestyle to get better, but so far it seems to have worked. So, don't give up-keep searching for what might work for you.
    • Posted

God has blessed you! Keep sharing your wonerful story!
    • Posted

I will refrase that it is not a wonderful story, but, it does help us to know we are not alone in this pain-God Bless!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.