What else can I try: pic in post

Posted , 7 users are following.

I currently do not how to control my flare up and need your guys help!! 

In the past what worked was hot eye compress at night for 10 minutes than Trader Joe’s Manuka Honey on my eyelids overnight, but this regimen no longer works. The only ointment that has worked is Tobradex, but that only clears it for a couple days. 

I also had minimal success with plain Vaseline on my eyelids but that stopped working. 

What has not worked 

In the past I have tried wet ones for a period of 2 days and my eyes looked miserable and it did not help much but lots of people have had success with it so I might try it again 

Organic raw extra virgin coconut oil made my eyes worse 

Argan oil did not work on my eyelids 

Lotemax did not work 

I have tried sterilids as a cleanser and ocusoft lid scrubs with little success 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The only thing I have ever found to control flare ups is the daily use of Capasal shampoo, it is coal tar based, and normally prescribed for sebborheic dermatitis.

I shower every single morning and wash hair, eyebrows and eyes thoroughly with this shampoo making sure all the eyelash crud is removed.

Works for me!

• Posted

Mike, try one drop of tea tree oil mixed in your hand with no tears baby shampoo. Rinse well. Put a moisturizer on your face. Use Systane eye drops. Did you wash your eyes before you used the honey?
  • Posted

I gave you and everyone the answer to all these questions so you could stop guessing and buying all this stuff and waiting for ever for results. It would appear the moderator did not want the honest right answer that would solve all your issue's. Or maybe worried about no more questions, not your eyes. This will be deleted for sure.

• Posted

I had the same problem and began to pull them out. That doesn't really work when you want to look cute in mascara with bald spots where lashes used to be. So, long story short, I self-diagnosed... I was keeping my contacts in too long cutting off something my eyelashes needed to grow properly? Then I began taking them out every night ( mostly) and putting these drops in that I got for allergies. A Synalar based eye drops I got in Mexico. Well it worked with taking my contacts out and letting my eyelids breath. Oh, oh, oh, I also started using " Pure Jamaican Black Castor Oil" each night when I go to bed, and it worked in 2 weeks, longer lashes..no joke. I put 1 drop on my finger tips, and apply to my lids. Its so thick it won't run into you eyes. I learned that from girls on You Tube. Check it out. Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.