What else do you get with LS

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi ladies do you get backache all the time stinging poor urination slow flow at times?? Crying in the night as stinging awful whole abdomen hurts is this all part of it. Would an alkaline diet help reduce acid in urine?? Very low its a bit like the last chance saloon!! Please give me some positives so I can pick myself up and give myself a boot up the bum to get on and deal with all this. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz

This is such an awful boat we are all in! I tried the alkaline route but to no avail. I can only suggest drink as much water as possible. If  you can, up to 2 litres a day - this dilutes the urine. Cut out all sugars. I can only recommend a good covering of vaseline whenever you start burning. I use this several times a day. Are you using clob ointment/cream? Don't despair somehow it improves if we stress less.

Lots of luck

• Posted

Drink gallons of water using dermovate cream twice a day and Vaseline will try alkaline anything positive is worth a go. I cut sugars out earlier in year as don't like sweet stuff anyway and read tins and bottles for sugar every time it's all hidden sugars. Thanks for answering. This condition needs to be i doctors surgeries and in chemists more awareness !!!!!!!
  • Posted

Hi Liz , sorry your suffering so badly , yes these symptons go with LS , the poor skin encourages UTI ,s and constant backache could be part of that, l have problems with water flow , its not easy you need to drink loads of water to flush out the infection and for prevention, if it gets bad you need antibiotics from your GP , dont ignore it you dont want to damage your kidneys. Do you take medication ? I think that causes acid along with some foods l dont know much about diets , if you read other posts on this forum there is some good advice about diet . Speak with your docter about your concerns and dont give up until your satisfied with your treatment

You are not alone this site as cheered me up l felt just like you when l first joined. Hope this helps . Best wishes

• Posted

Try vitamin B tablets my friend who is a carer of old people suggested these before I was diagnosed with LS and they are recommended for acid bladder so may help. I use Hydromol it's like Vaseline but much thicker really protects the sore parts from urine. Don't know if it's only on prescription or not see your doctor .
  • Posted

Also try salt baths or bi carb baths. A professor I saw once said to sit in as long as possible making the skin nice and plump then pat dry and apply Clobetosol. Worked a treat. I use Sudacrem as well after my morning shower to create a barrier for the day. As well as lots of water. Hope it settles down for you Liz. 
  • Posted

The effect of diet and ointment is not instantly experienced.  It's the long haul that shows the difference.  And at that 'diligence' is important.  Stray a bit and all your effort will be 'nilled'.  That's my experience. 

Drinking lots of filtered water will probably rinse away 'whatever' is in your system.  Plus it will dilute of course.  

Baking soda baths (1/3 of a cup)  can be soothing.  I add a bit of tea tree oil in the water nowadays as well.  

Pain from the fusing or defusing can be felt far from the source, is my experience.  

It is not an easy disease to cope with at the best of times.  You have to always be on alert and sometimes one gets very tired of that.  You would like to forget about it for a while.  You would want to be able to eat whatever you well please and more of the like.  But better don't.  Of all things - sugar is your most worse item to endulge in.  Christmas time will be a challenge for most of us - seeing so many goodies that we better not touch.  Remember then what one of my friends said:  Taste is only a few inches long!  (the length of your tongue)  After that it's only doing your system a big dis-service.

Wishing you lots of strength to come through these holidays.

• Posted

Hi Liz

Someone suggested virgin coconut oil and I have just tried this for the first time and felt immediate relief. I have not yet been officially diagnosed with the condition, but it has certainly helped the soreness for me, around the anus and vulva.

• Posted

Hi, reading your post and it really sounds like you have a urinary tract infection.  You should get tested at your GP's in any case to rule this out.  UTI's cause backache/abdomen pain if the kidneys are infected.  Stinging when you pea is classic sign.  You will also feel very down if it has got this far.  My Mum used to suffer them and even halucinated with them sometimes. You can have a temperature. The poor urination flow can be caused by swelling of the Urethra or Uretha.  It is common for some Ls sufferers to get infections.  Please get checked out.  It is really dangerous to ignore a UTI.  If it isn't at least you will know.  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon then you can start picking yourself up.  Try weeing in water to stop the sting, add some bicarbonate of soda to neutralise the acid in your wee.  This will ease the stinging.  My Mum used to sit in a shallow bath to wee when it was bad and showered off after.  Definately prevents the sting.  Use a sitz bath if you have one (Sit in a bowl of water which is basically the same.  You can place the bowl over the toilet if you have one that will fit. Careful it doesn't overflow when you sit down.)
  • Posted

Hi Liz i have only just seen you thread, Have you considered you may have a urinary tract infection? the back ache coud be the kidneys grumbling and the stinging because the urine is too concentrated and the stinging because of the infection as well- not ruling out LS but go for the obvious rather than the obscure in the first place

So does urine smell? if it is fishy  could be an EColi infection, other infections smell differently, Drink a lot of clear fluids to dilute the urine Ea Cranberries or drink cranberry juice - this is the right season for them as well Cranberries are known to have a therapeutic affect on the bladder. the bladder may well feel under assault from the infection and ache. It is nearly a week since you posted so hopefully your symptoms will have diminished if they havent then off to the GP ASAP to get some antibiotics - might be a Good Idea to call in to get a urine sample bottle to take a specimen for analysis too  - to speed things up

By now your bottom will have been well and truly kicked so now it is time to spoil yourself- go for facial maincure pedicure retail therapy hairdo - something that makes YOU smile

Remember crying plays havoc with the looks - the eyes swell the nose blocks the throat aches and the head pounds...Better to find a better way to comfort yourseld - a hot water bottle for the tum perhaps?

Take care and feel better soon best wishes Sue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.