What estrogen cream do you use

Posted , 9 users are following.

So I saw my PCP yesterday. Hadn't been able to get in to her for two years. She was great at listening to me. Finally after 10 years with LS she is referring me to a gyn at the hospital. 

I want to ask for an estrogen cream. So my question to you all is what do you use on your vulva and do you have it compounded in something. If so what is it compounded with.

Shari

0 likes, 89 replies

89 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

As to the chance of LS getting research funding – it's not just the numbers (1 in 60 women?) it's also that LS is not life-threatening. That's a huge influence, and rightly so.
    • Posted

Morrell, that's my saddest knowing - when an illness is not life-threatening it is not worth doing research on?  Thyroid problems are not life threatening either, and after RAI treatment a life-long curse. (my personal experience) (30 years in) If the researchers are indeed worried about money ... imagine how much money could be made on people who need meds for life.  Thyroid medication is for life!  Big money maker I would say.  

Actually, I think that when research has finally found a cure for LS, more people will be diagnosed - money maker!  I think that economics too often is the only guiding force to accomplish something that actually may help many.  

Did you perhaps read the book, years ago, "The Cancer Industry" ?

• Posted

I haven't read that book, but Richard Powers wrote an extremely well researched novel called Gain that certianly did the same job on my attitude.
  • Posted

Hey shari

Your enquiry has raised some interesting rsponses. Don't know how you are minded now but my only appeal would be that you would firmly reject any consideration of an equine source...not only because of the distress caused to these beautiful trusting creatures but also because of the effect the metabolism of this predominantly flight taking animal would have on you and your fear and contrasting serenity levels. There are other more grounded creatures who enter the human food chain and could perhaps be  celebrated for such a contribution to medical care for which we can be so grateful. xx

I understand its advisable to try to avoid synthetic sources. Are you any further forward? If the local pharmacy proves unsuitable or you have doubts...perhaps it would be worth trying further afield? Other resources seem to be coming to light ...which is the joy of our sharing on this site....so absolutely the right thing will manifest for you ....I'm sure of it !  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.