What exactly would neccesitate "difficulty swallowing"?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys new to this site. So i feel like ive been ill for a while, I had what I can only assume was flu over christmas and then two weeks later the doctor told me I had a throat infection. I wasnt feeling too rough at the time but 5 days later, just as I thought i might be better from the Christmas flu or whatever it was, i broke out with heavy symptoms again, the exact things i had had weeks ago. this worried me, i have also been having chest pains on and off for a while so I went to the hospital and had bloods and an ecg which were both fine other than representing the infection. I was given antibiotics which I have been taking for about 3 days now and my throat isnt that sore anymore, however I can still feel this lump in my throat. Im scared as there are also a lot of scary looking sores around my mouth. A lot of people seem to say that if you can still swallow without difficulty you shouldn't be too scared. I can still swallow but it is very uncomfortable and every time i feel like I am swallowing this "lump". Drinking water feels a bit strange but I am still able to swallow the water of course. Any help would be appreciated guys im working myself up pretty bad over all this

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.