What experience did you have with the IUD?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Im 22 and I got the copper IUD inserted yesterday afternoon as I have been with my partner for 2 years and we want to avoid pregnancy at all cost as we need to get our own lifes sorted haha! I went with non hormoanal as I tend to forget to take pills and tend to gain a bit of weight on them but if this doesn't work out I have agreed with the boyfriend that the IUS will be my second choice. 

The insertation wasn't pleasant but it was bareable and my boyfriend was there with me holding my hand as I was shaking like a leaf with nerves. After she got it in she noticed it was very pale and I felt very warm and shakey and nauseaous she told me to stay laying down until I felt better. I took some water and Sam (the boyfriend) Helped me up. I wasn't in agony just a bit in shock and uncomforable. We headed over to the shopping center next to the clinic and thats when it hit me. The nausea came back and my womb felt like it was being torn in half so I had to sit down for 10 mins then sam noticed I had gone grey again and then helped me get to the toilets incase I was sick and I was I had to go into the disabled toilets I didn't want people hearing me throw up hahaha and was in there for ages and had brought up my pizza hut from before hahaha! After I came back and sat down and got sam to go get me some pain killers from tesco and I sat and waited and I was in agonizing pain I was in tears everyone was staring they must of thought I was on drugs. Any way I sat just wasnt confortable. When he got back I lay down on the bench as I was sweating like mad and feeling extreimly faint and felt cold. He gave me the nurofen and feed me water and waited until it kicked in after about 20 mins colour came back on my face and I was able to continue shopping and I was fine until I was woken up at half 3 in the morning with shooting pains and really bad cramping it was awful I ended up sleeping in for work and was in alot of pain aswell at work I couldn't lift anything heavy but I finished early. I seem to be fine now I think its easing off Im still bleeding a bit mild but Im sure it will calm down soon. I am due a period in less than a week and I am dreading it! haahhaa

Want experience did you all have? Im sure theres alot worse out there hahaahha

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds horrific, I hope its short term discomfort.
    • Posted

Im alright now still a bit sore but I can live with it. The things we have to do to avoid pregnancy better this than having extra hormoans making you cranky and overweight x
    • Posted

Well it for you and your partner, he needs to to be reminded how lucky he is biggrin . Maybe a nice bunch of roses.... ha ha
  • Posted

I remember when I used to have the Pill... 5 day periods every 28 days first two were heavy then they would vear off.

Not anymore.

I had the copper coil fitted a year ago (the only contraception left to try that i didnt fall pregnant on and miscarry).

It was horrifically painful to be inserted (no warning about this) and although my periods are semi-regular, i have 7 days of bleeding of which two are so heavy that I end of going through all my clothes (usually at work and all over my seat with no forewarning) and it isnt clockwork on which days it will happen on so i have to be extra vigillant (spare clothes and a black item of clothes on my seat so i dont have to explain my self). Not to mention that this happens every 3 weeks and the cramping is unbearable.

Luckily they have perscribed me with a painkiller from the doctors which eases the pain but I feel completely crappy that out of 21 days i spend 7 bleeding and 4 in agony.

Exercise doesnt relieve it and the last thing i want to do is walk anywhere... 

• Posted

Oh dear thats horrible! The doctor did say if I have any problems that she can take it out for me but I guess everyone differents I think i had a period there as I have bleed for 5 days since I got it and I was due one but must of came early not unless I am in for a treat in the next few days hahaha I hope it eases off for you I was having such bad cramps for 2 days and now i just get cramps on and off I hope I dont have to resort to anything hormoanal I have heard alot about people getting pregnant on the marina and loads of weight gain I dont wanna do that lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.