What feels like a bone ache beneath white plaque?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. Just a little inquiry regarding a sore sensation beneath where my stubborn white plaque is situated.

It is similar to the discomfort felt in the groin when wearing jeans that are too tight.

It may be another symptom of LS, I don't know, but its more or less constant now and getting me down. It feels like it is my pelvic bone that is aching but I don't think its coincidental that it seems to be directly below the patch of plaque.

Does anyone have anything similar that has been diagnosed?

I asked my GP about seeing the specialist on a regular basis for check ups, but she told me it was down to the practice to deal with that and I would only get a referral if she felt I needed one. So hey ho to regular check ups by a specialist!

Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Perhaps you have a smegma pearl causing the discomfort.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Jane, had to look up smegma pearl! I don't think so though, I had that patch of plaque when I saw the specialist and she said it was LS.

      Hopefully I will get another referral and some answers.


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hello Cleo, do you have a formal diagnosis of LS? That is, confirmed by a biopsy? Are you in the UK?

    It does not sound like your GP is being particularly helpful! You could see another GP and ask for a referral. (One referral, rather than regular check-ups - once you have seen a specialist how often they see you is up to them and their determination of clinical need!)

    Irrespective of your confirmed LS status or not, what the GP needs to recognise is that you are most likely dealing with a chronic skin condition - the essential is that it you have the condition put under control so that symptoms do not worsen.

    If you are in the UK simply ask for a referral to a Dermatologist, or better still, a Vulval Skin Disorders Specialist or Clinic - there are more and more of these across the UK ....

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Wee Dugie. Yes I'm in the UK.

      I was sent to a specialist at my local hospital. She said my symptoms were virtually text book. She didn't suggest a biopsy..and at the time I didn't know that I should have had one.

      Our GP practice was rescued by the local health board, it's basic and no-one seems to be bothering. As usual, its the patients who suffer.

      The discomfort I'm feeling isn't going away so I'm going to have to get another referral as It's worrying me.

      Thanks for taking the time to give me more information!

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Was the specialist actually someone who is very familiar with Genital Skin Disorders? There are more and more facilities that deal with Vulval Skin Disorders, some of these are in Gynaecology Departments and others are run by Specialist Dermatologists.

      It is this knowledge base that is so important to you rather than dealing with someone who has very little or no practical treatment knowledge of dealing with conditions like LS.

      So was it a Dermatologist or a Gynaecologist you saw? The important thing is you should not wait for a referral as this is at the behest of your GP practice, and if you have no confidence in them, or they are drastically reducing the cost implications of referring anyone to specialists that they deem as essential, you would not get a referral anyway.

      What I would suggest is phoning the specialist department anyway and briefly explain the situation with the GP practice, but emphasise your symptoms are worsening and that you would like to see the specialist you have previously seen, or someone else in the department. The process would be easier if you are an assertive person on the phone, all you are doing is putting it forcefully and politely that you fear your condition is worsening and that you would like to see a specialist again .....

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Wee Dugie, sorry Ive taken so long to answer..well a lot happened in a very short time.. I got an appointment eventually yesterday and it was a gynaecology clinic...what a difference! The doctor I saw was so helpful, he took a biopsy there and then and has arranged for me to attend that clinic. He didn't rush me through my appointment and took lots of time to explain why its important to keep my LS under control at all times...he also informed me that I have a very slight prolapse and has arranged physio for me. That was the "bone pain" that I had.

    I'm so glad you gave me such good advice, I would probably be still putting up with things otherwise.

    My GP practice has also been taken over by a team of doctors so its all good news from here!

    Thanks again!

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up