What finally is working for me!

Posted , 31 users are following.

A couple months ago I read someone said that taking antihistamine worked for them - I tried it! It's working! I have had granuloma annulare for 10 years on my hands and arms. I have tried the shots, the oral drugs, the lotions, gluten free, certain vitamins nothing worked. I have now been on 10mg antihistamine for almost two months all spots are gone with the last two finally fading and going away! Good news is you can get antihistamine over the counter I take only one a day. Totally excited! That's it! Try it & yes I have missed a few days here and there. I hope that some of you that have also tried everything else, really give this a go for a few months. I hope you get the same results!

6 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i take rexall every nught. works best for me. little pink pill and it's even cheaper then the rest. 
  • Posted

Thanks for that. As a new GA sufferer I'm willing to try anything and everything. Thanks for the tip I'm heading down to The chemist now!

Caroline

• Posted

I wonder whether a natural anti-histamine like quercetin or quercetin complex would also work.  I read somewhere it isn't suitable for those who are hypothyroid, otherwise, I would try it myself. 
  • Posted

Darlene,

was so excited to read your  fix for G.A.  bought Claritin  with the 10 mil. I wonder how long it took for you to see results.  Have only been on 3 days but everything seems to be getting angrier.  

I pray this works.

• Posted

Darlene. I Take Benadryl daily for sleep and my GA is horrible. I get new spots weekly. Plaquenil flattened spots a little and faded a few on my chest but side affects were horrific.

Kenalog injections work but I have too many spots to shoot. I get shots on hands and arms and wear long pants.  Hopefully Humira will work.

• Posted

no benedryl... that one didn't work .Try Rexall antihistamine before you take the Humira!!!! 

• Posted

So happy to hear it! I have long suspected my mast cell disease is directly related to my GA and when I miss doses of my antihistamines, and my other MCAD symptoms flare, the GA comes back so this is more confirmation the two are connected. Thank you!! :D
  • Posted

I've tried your suggestion and started in July with 10 mg antihistamine and I have improvement actually had a great summer wearing sleeveless tops. I'm not cured but I am optimistically pleased. And will be forever grateful for these results I did start a Histimine blend for digestive track and I take 10 mg loratadine at night ...Not cured but managed ! 4 years with GA 🙏🏻

• Posted

Benadryl did not work for me
    • Posted

Benedryl didn't work for me either, none of the H1 antihistamines did until I added an H2 to them. Once I got on a good H1/H2 combo mine disappeared! Now I'm using it as a sort of gague to see when or if I need to adjust my medications. If it comes back I'll increase my doses on the H1/H2s and see what happens! It's pretty exciting. Not a cure, but... smile

• Posted

Hi dagine thank you for your post 😃 are u still taking the anti histamine? Its gonna be my 4th day taking it and i cant say that i notice anything! Im so upset about this condition. I only got diagnosed recently. And its spreading 😦

• Posted

Hi michelle 😃 Is the anti histamine still working for u? Im trying it out. Its my 4th day but i dont see any change 😕 im also scared of side effects 😦

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.