What happen after hysterectomy?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am planning to have hysterectomy next year, due to fibroids, means i will get menopause right away after surgery.

Is anyone want to share the story or your experience after hysterectomy?

I am scared about this thing but I don't have any option to get rid this fibroids.

I am 46 years old and has 2 teenagers.

Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lily, I am In Exactly the same boat as you I'm absolutely worried sick about it all.

My date for my hysterectomy is the 6 th January and I'm still in the fence about cancelling it as it doesn't bother me all that much, all I get is pressure and heavy periods but they are not prolonged. My consultant said I needed a hysterectomy which I was absolutely gobsmacked about, my fibroid is 9-10 cm so big. I'm having an abdominal with everything removed I'm approaching 49 by the way.

• Posted

Hi Ann Marie, thanks for sharing.

My fibroids are quite big also, 10 cm and 5 cm and protruding to the right side of my tummy, it's so embarrassing and annoying.

I want to get rid of it.

I don't have the schedule for hysterectomy yet, but big chance will be next year.

I heard that if it be done by laparoscopic the healing process will be faster that abdominal. My doctor said so.

• Posted

Hi there Lily,

I wasn't given a choice for it to be done any other way, I'm not sure why.

Mine is on the left side and pushing my womb over to the right. I think I will ask why I can't have it done laparoscopic .

Keep in touch let me know how things go

Ann x

• Posted

Hi Ann,

Yes keep in touch ok.

You know i am still worried whether the hysterectomy will give me a lot of benefits or instead will give me more headache.

And you know I've never undergo surgery in my life so this hysterectomy make me freaking out, seriously.

Let me know and keep in touch.

• Posted

Ok lily I will let you how things are going and will defiantly keep in touch. We are such similar creatures haha ( worry worry worry)

Where you from anyway ?

Take care my lovely

Ann xx

• Posted

Hello dear Ann,

Haha... That's right we are similar creatures ... I am glad you are funny person 😀

I am from Toronto, Canada... What about you, where are you from?

By the way, have you heard about Apple Cider Vinegar and Blackstrap Molasses?

Some people think that it can shrink the fibroids. A few months ago, I drank them but still didn't shrink the fibroids. So I stopped drinking that. But i am curious because i have searched right now, people with fibroids said that it can shrink.

• Posted

Hello Lily,

I didn't realise you where from a different country. I love Canada.

I'm from England u.k.

I feel it's good to be able to chat to someone when your as worried as we are, I feel we have connected somehow. Hope you feel the same.

I have heard of blackstrap molasses and cider vinegar but I just don't fancy trying it, plus to be honest with a fibroid as big as mine in not sure it would work anyway haha.

Do you have Facebook ? If so we can keep in touch that way if you would like to.

Scribble back soon, and take care my lovely xx

• Posted

Hello Ann,

I love England too, have you followed the story of your princess (Kate Middleton)? I love her. I wish I can meet her one day.

I had Facebook before but somehow it just don't exist anymore as I don't know I clicked something then to be froze.... 😀silly me

Do you have BBM (Blackberry Messenger)?

It's been 3 days I started again with apple cider vinegar but I feel my tummy don't feel good. It think it's reaction of acv but not sure. My appt with gyn still 5 weeks away, only to see the result of my ultrasound.

Take care,

Lily

• Posted

Hi there Lily,

Sorry I don't follow Royalty really, suppose living in England you just get used to it, although I do like prince William and Kate out of all the royals, but saying that Harry is funny he's kinda like the bad boy in the family haha.

I don't have blackberry messenger sorry. Shane about Facebook, but never mind.

I think our fibroids are to big for anything to work and we do need them removed but I am thinking of the laparoscopic approach now and I'm going to speak to my gynaecologist because for whatever reason she said I needed an abdominal hysterectomy and to take out everything I'm not sure why and I do believe this is what has freaked me out the most. Why is that I wonder ?

Scribble back soon

Ta ta for now

Ann x

• Posted

Hello Ann,

My gyn said to remove everything out too including the ovaries, so then I will be menopause after surgery.

She said she will do it with laparoscopic and the uterus will come out the whole thing from vagina... eewww

I cant imagine how things can come out, but she sure me about that.

Maybe in England they don't do like that, I don't know.

I read the true story people use laparoscopic Morcelator . Don't do laparoscopic with morcelator because the morcelator is dangerous, Just make sure your gyn don't use morcelator.

• Posted

I am in a similar postion, very large fibs with heavy bleeding but not prolonged. only option i have ben given is hysterectomy as the myomectomy i had they could not be removed. i am only 37 with no kids. would be interested to hear other experiences, as I am not yet decided what i want to do.
    • Posted

Hi there my lovely,

Your very young to be offered an hysterectomy so times must be hard for you, I really feel it for you. Think long and hard and weigh up all other options before making a decision.

Take care

Ann x

• Posted

Hi Ann, I change my mind on a daily basis, sometimes i think just do it and get rid of the problem once and for all, then others i think what if i have bad menopause sypmtoms. Its true, the consultant said i am young to have a hysterectomy but due to my situation, she would have no issues doing it. I was in such shock did not even ask what kind of hyst it would be. 

Do you know what they they remove partial or full- ovaries, cervix ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.