What happened to Crampex tablets for muscle cramp?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For many years I have suffered with calf and thigh muscle cramp. Then I found Crampex tablets, they were wonderful. The cramp would disappear within about 30 seconds of taking one. Unfortunately they have disappeared from the market in the UK. Does anyone know if they can still be bought in another country? Also, does anyone know why they became unavailable and what was in them?

Peter

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

They`ve been gone a long time, not sure if they contained quinine but doctors are loath to prescribe quinine now (can affect the heart I think) having said that I think in some circumstances you can still get them on prescription

• Posted

I would recommend trying cramp champ. It is available on Amazon

com

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.