What happened to me...need support please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, about 2 months ago I kept having reoccurring pain at the bottom of my sternum and under my right ribcage along with a horrible lump in my throat like a french fry was stuck as well as sharp sternum pain that would wake me up in the middle of the night. I was sent for a full stomach ultrasound which came back clean. My physician thought possible acid reflux and I was prescribed basically over the counter prilosec. One week later I finally took a pill at 7am. At 930 am at work I was standing in a meeting when all of the sudden this feeling of warm water rushing throough my body started and horrible chest tightness. I had this feeling of I couldn't breath and my limbs were like jello. I felt like I was floating outside my body and my heart was racing. I went to the doctor and an ekg was given which was fine but my BP was 150/90 and heart rate of 130. He suspected a reaction to the medicine. Needless to say I stopped the medice. Fast forward 2 weeks later and I was at home working on items about 915pm. All of the sudden I couldn't remember how to word things or even type and that sudden surge of warmth came throughout my body again along with the se symptoms as before. This time though I couldn't warm up and was shaking. My husband took me to the ER where a chest xray, ekg, urine samples, blood samples all came back good. I was given a heart monitor for 24 hours and those results were also fine. I had echo and stress test which came back clean as well. I feel like I am now worse even knowing those were all clean. Yesterday at work I had a small episode of that was dizzy surge from my chest to head. The rest of the day was a nightmare like I just had to move around. After work I thought I was gking crazy, the numb legs, horrible pains down esophagus and almost a bubbly feeling in throat. I feel like ants are under my skin. I constantly worry I going to die. Lastnight I didn't sleep as every time I started to doze off its like I would get that adrenalin rush of warmth from my chest to my head and it would wake me up aND my heart would pound over and over again. My husband again took me to the ER where an ekg came back good as well as blood and urine. I was given a heart monitor again for 48 hours this time incase it happened again tonight. I have never ever in my life had any health issues, I have a great life, great family husband and son. My doctor prescribed lexapro 2 weeks ago but I paranoid to take it. Is this anxiety???

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like it is I suffer the same things and have suffered the sleeping episode you mention, like you I am happy with life so not sure where anxiety came from, I started taking beta blockers and they took a couple of weeks to start working, but they have helped a lot.
    • Posted

When you started the beta blocker, what was your blood pressure at that time and what is it now? I have propranolol and my bp is about 95/70 at times. I'm scared to take it.
    • Posted

I have high blood pressure anyway but it was about 130/95 now it is about 120/85 so it has improved
  • Posted

Sounds like anxiety. When you said you couldn't sit down, was it because your heart palpitations were bad?
  • Posted

its fear paranoia anxiety whatever you want to label it.  Why don't you want to do what the Dr suggested?

rich

• Posted

I get all these symptoms I have also had all the test and they are clear.

Yoiu have to accept its anxiety.

It thrives off fear and you are fueling it

Consider therapy to learn how to cope with it

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Yes it is anxiety. Everything you have described sounds like me telling my doctors and hospitals the same symptoms. I learned to ignore the symptoms and by doing that learn to focus. I try these anxiety apps to breathe once you feel the anxiety coming take deep breaths. Breathing correctly and slowly will calm you down faster. Focus when your mind starts racing. Try to listen for sounds around you with your eyes closed. Focusing on the sounds will keep your mind occupied from thinking you are in danger. I hope this helps a bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.