What happens if you don't poop when you have to?

Posted , 3 users are following.

What happens when you don't poop when you have to? One time I decided not to poop when I had to and instead decided to play soccer and that feeling of having to go and poop went away when I came home and I ate and went to bed. And I have been feeling bad ever sine that day. My stomach has been bloated all the time, I have gained serious weight, I sweat a lot, a lot and I don't feel any hunger.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you may have a blockage or a partial blockage anyway of your large intestine!

Have you tried laxative or stool softeners?

I would try that if you haven't!

My next trip would be to a doctor to rule out any blockages!

• Posted

If I have a blockage, does that mean I have to have surgery? I just can't with surgery sad

• Posted

I don't know like this has been going on for years now. Like 10 years. I have been gaining weight and I sweat a lot more now. Laxatives hasn't helped at all.

• Posted

If you continuously don’t pass motions when you need to, this can eventually lead to constipation or diarrhoea because it can damage your anal sphincter.  Constipation can cause bloating, weight gain, lack of appetite, nausea, lethargy and abdominal pain.  Stools are waste products that are toxic to our bodies and should not be left to build up inside us.  If laxatives don’t work, try lots of fresh fruit and vegetables; fibre is essential to make your bowel work.  Oranges and prune juice really help. If you still don’t get any relief, see your doctor.
  • Posted

The arch of my foot also shrinks when I am constipated and bloated a lot. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.