what happens now (PIP appeal)?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I sent PIP appeal form last week. My adviser told me we will receive a bundle of paper in a few weeks time. He is a busy man and I couldn't ask what they are. He said he will see me when it's arrived. Maybe I don't need to worry about it untill I actually recive ir, but could anyone tell me what they are and what hapoens now?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

HM Courts and Tribunals Service will check the form and then ask the DWP for their response within another 28 days.

HM Courts and Tribunals Service will send you:

a copy of the DWP’s response

information about what happens next

details of when and where the hearing will be (if you’ve asked for an oral hearing, rather than a paper one)

• Posted

Thank you. So no more paper work for me to do! I will try to relax until my hearing date is announced. 
    • Posted

There shouldn't be. You could be in for quite a wait so be prepared. Waiting times obviously vary depending on your area. Are you planning on going to the Tribunal or did you ask for a paper based decision? The reason i ask is because decisions are more likely to be in the claimants favour if they appear at the Tribunal.

• Posted

I ticked "attending hearing". Also my adviser said he will try to come with me. Yes, I read about more success for Tribunal. But I am nervous about attending to be honest... as I am not good at talking to people I don't know. 

• Posted

That's good. It's always better to have someone go with you, even more so if one of the reasons you're claiming PIP is for mental health. Maybe you should just ask someone else if they can attend with you just incase your adviser can't. I've never been to a Tribunal but i've heard they're usually very fair and they do give you chance to speak, which is good. It's nothing like a court room so try to relax, hard i know. Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.

• Posted

My wife will come with me as well. She always comes meeting with my adviser and does all the talking. But he told me at Tribunal, they want me to talk. He asked some questions as practice, but I struggled to explain things...

I hope at a Tribunal they will give my wife an opportunity to talk. Yes, I have physical and mental both.

• Posted

I would listen to your adviser with this one. The good thing is the Tribunal are often very fair like i said. Some would disagree and you do sometimes hear some bad things but not very often. Good luck.
  • Posted

I have been reminded that my PIPS award ends on June 17th so I have asked to be reassessed. Why have they stopped paying my benefit when ESA also DWP carry on until you are reassessed. I have not been paid this month's benefit??

• Posted

Have they actually stopped paying? I think usually they pay until the decision made for reassessment.

Maybe you want to repost this as new discussion as you will get more people to see and more advice you will get...

• Posted

Hi,

Did they send you a review form? Did you fill this in and return it by the date stated? If you didn't then this will be the reason your PIP has stopped. Money will be paid if you return those forms on time. The same with ESA if you're sent forms for a renwal then your money continues if those forms are returned by the date on the letter. If not then your money stops. If you did return those forms within that date then ring DWP PIP tomorrow to find out what's going on.

• Posted

I did send the renewal form in on time and had it recorded. They have stopped paying me.
    • Posted

Just realised that date you said is ends in June 2017? what is the actual end date of your PIP award? Reviews normally take place 1 year before the award is due to end. I'm confused, sorry. Starting a new discussion would have been better instead of adding on to the end of someones post. Less confussing that way.

• Posted

You've had your assessment? If your money has stopped then i think you should ring PIP because this could mean the decision hasn't gone in your favour and you were awarded PIP this time.

• Posted

weren't awarded that was supposed to read, sorry.

• Posted

I have been assessed already and was awarded a year ending this June but for some reason I have not been paid this month. I have asked to be reassessed and sent the forms in on time. I will ring them tomorrow but can never get through!! 😯

• Posted

I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. Awards are usually reviewed 1 year before an award is due to end. If you were awarded till this June then you should have been re-assessed last June but then you say you've been re-assessed already and your award ends this June, it doesn't make sense.  If you were awarded 1 more year then you should have been sent review forms a long time ago. Have you been reassessed in the last few weeks/months? When was your last reassessment?  Looks like your money has been stopped, you'll need to ring them asap. If it's been stopped then they won't restart your money until you've had another assessment and a decision has been made. It'll be like the very first time you applied.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.