What happens when you reach full menopause?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I am a bit in the dark about this. What happens when you have reached full menopause? Doctor has told me if I do not have a period this year they will class me as being full menopause. Do all the peri symptoms disappear? I have recently had the merina coil removed as this has messed up my hormones big time. Also still getting really bad bouts of depression, anxiety, brain fog & severe headaches. My FSH levels were 96 in January & my coil was replaced in March that is when all my crazy symptoms started & that's why I had it removed. I feel a should have never had it replaced & maybe I would be ok now. Have any of you ladies got any advice?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different. Once you have gone a full 12 months without a period you are considered in menopause. All I can tell you is Google "66 symptoms of menopause" and take one day at a time. You may be one of the blessed one that has no symptoms. They do leave off two very important symptoms off the list and that is depression and health anxiety. This forum is an amazing support system. Go through and read some of the threads when you get a chance.

• Posted

Hi Victoria, after periods tailor off this is full blown menopause and the time where you then feel the symptoms coming on even worst..but it depends different for everyone..with me during my journey it was hit and miss come 12 months after it hit me worst in January..I'm better 6 months on but still having to be hot all the time..I hope the best for you take care.

• Posted

Thanks for the replies, I kind of hoped that after peri that was it! I may now been in full menopause, I will get doctor to do bloods again just to make sure. Just want this to end & feel like me again! Also need to return to work, going stir crazy at home all of the time, too much time to think! All the best to all you ladies going through this hell xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.