What has helped with this??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive had this for about 6 years now..diagnosed about 7 months ago after many trips and tests..i havent found anything that really helps...anyone out there find relief while in an episode?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I find that total relaxation helps. When I have an “episode” I try to turn everything off. My doctor prescribed Xanax and it helps immensely ... sometimes I get mad at myself for “laying around” instead of being active, but in a long run I feel better just de-stressing 
    • Posted

Hey thanks so much for the reply...anything helps..im going to pursue acupuncture and chiropractic in an effort to get some sort of handle on this..i hope youre doing well..thanks again..i will try this as well.
  • Posted

I heard of many . someone said vics rub. I did hot and cold rub. These are found anywhere .I found when anywhere it comes on for me is to take my hands and rub them together warm them up and take one hand and do a cicular motion around there and sometimes not even really touching it. But enough to get that warm healing evect.
    • Posted

Thanks Brenda..i will try that..i have had more iboprofren than i probably should ever have..i know traditional medicine doesnt work...i will try this, in addition to acupuncture and chiropractic...somethings gotta give here.
  • Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Ps.please guys help me to spread this information to the world and help people with this disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.