Posted , 9 users are following.
I have CRPS for 2 years and it has recently escalated from my left foot/ankle/leg to the entire right side of my body hip/back/shoulder/arm/wrist/hand. I have been seeing a Pain Management Doctor since I was diagnosed and have recently been told that we are hitting the end of the road for treatments. I feel like that road was very short! Here is what we have done. If you have tried any of these let me know if they worked or did not or if there is a treatment that you have done that my doctor is not thinking of.
1. Physical Therapy with Hydro / Gentle Range of Motion with Land
2. Gabapentin (Had to stop due to side affects hair loss)
3. Lumbar Sympathetic Nerve block
(This worked year 1. Had relief after each shot and by the third I was functioning with 2-3 on the pain scale. This year have had two shots. First minor relief for 4 days and second none. Will be trying one more time in a month.)
4. Nortriptyline (Had to stop due to side affects hallucination being the worst)
5. Lyrica (Sister drug to Gabapentin. Waiting for insurance/workmans comp to approve)
If Lyrica does not work my doctor says we will try sister drug to Nortriptyline which is the last option. She has mention Ketamine drip but advised insurance generally will not cover this and it is $450 an hour and I would need 4 hours for the first treatment. Will also be asking workmans comp insurance about this.
1 like, 13 replies