What helped my acid refulx.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always had acid refulx even as a kid. Finally got so bad I had upper GI done. They say my sphincter does not close all they way. They prescribed prilosec or omeprazole everyday. I hate taking drugs so I did the 14 days once. Now I just do 3 or 4 days if bad flair up and do baking soda for minor. This takes care of me for about a year. Also no eating after 9pm. This also took care pf mouth ulcers as well. If I do get mouth ulcer, prilosec and a day or two on Malox on sore itself and swish mouth. Major releif. Hope this helps

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Barry you say you have it since a child, what age are you now, just wondering have you been on ppi long term
    • Posted

I've been suffering reflux a year and half and am very worried about effects of long term ppi use

• Posted

Hi Barry, 

So how ofter do you take baking soda?  As needed or daily?

• Posted

As needed.Days to weeks go by before I use it sometimes. If I feel a tickle of a acid reflux flare up I take it. If that doesn't fix it I use the omeprazole .  I have a box by my bed and on in the car. I even brush my teeth with it while driving to Chapel Hill. I feel safe. I know in the past, grinding my teeth at night, flip flopping in bed at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.