What helps Fibromyalgia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone tried Lyrica for fibromyalgia? Any success? Side effects? Thank you !

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Linda, I was on Lyrica some years ago, to be honest I was very nervous going on it as had heard some not so good reports but felt I needed to give it a go! I had great success for about three months, felt great really quickly, pain levels very reduced, increased energy and better sleep so obviously was thrilled, as you can imagine! Unfortunately after the three months it stopped working for me and I started to come off it, that was when the difficulty started, very bad withdrawals, tbh can't remember specifics but just know it was very difficult! I do know a friend of my had great success for years on it and then others, no success, but as with everything, it's different for everybody!! My one advice for you if you try it, and if and when you need to come off it, just do it very, very slowly and I don't think the withdrawal would be bad! I think my withdrawal was too fast! Best of luck if you try it, and definitely let us know how you get on!

• Posted

THANK YOU! I will give it a try. Cymbalta had severe side effects with me. Glad to have something to try.

• Posted

I refused Cymbalta point blank, I knew the severe side effects from that so didn't even try it!! Honestly, wishing you the best with Lyrica, hopefully you'll be one of the ones that it works wonders forπŸ™πŸ€ž

• Posted

hi! i have been on lyrica for almost 3 yrs now and it works wonders for my fibromyalgia. i have indeed gained some weight with it though. definatly different for each individual. can't hurt to try it (?) 😊 Best Wishes.

• Posted

Thank you. I have tried gabapentin and cymbalta to no avail and severe side effects. Am glad lyrica might be the charm!

• Posted

Great to hear Lyrica working so well for you! It's an awful pity that there isn't a medication we could take that weight LOSS would be a side effect, it's always weight gainπŸ™„

• Posted

Haven't tried it yet. AND don't know if I will because of the weight gain. I already am OVERWEIGHT!

• Posted

I totally get where you're coming from Linda, I'm overweight too but I did manage to lose 3 stone doing Slimming World, do you have that where you are? It is by far the easiest weightloss method I've tried. Then I had to go on corticosteroid three years ago which, of course, threw the weight back on and have lost a stone and a half of that this year! Why I'm telling you this is because it's possible to lose weight when you're feeling good and I wouldn't not try Lyrica just because of the possibility of weight gain, you may be one of the lucky ones and it could work like a dream for you but ultimately of course, you have to weigh up all the pros and cons!!

• Posted

I have not heard of Slimming World . I will look it up. I am on PREDNISONE for 5 years now for an autoimmune disease which can make you gain weight and make it hard to lose weight. Thanks for all your helpful information.

• Posted

I was on Lyrica some years ago. I put on a stone in just over 6 weeks. I was waking in the night to seek out food. I went to my doctor and insisted on something else. I have been taking Duloxetine ever since with much better results in terms of pain management.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.