What helps for blisters and dryness.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Just found out yesterday I had lechen sclorsis and it really floored. I read anything I can get my hands own. Because I've being sitting in Epson salts it helps a little but not much. So what do you do

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi sorry you’ve had to join our group, but welcome there’s a lovely and informative bunch of people here. 

Firstly it’s very overwhelming when your first diagnosed however it does get easier. What have you been given as far as medication. 

Most of us find it useful using a barrier cream I use hydromol which I get in the uk.

So my method is barrier cream every day, if I have a flare up which it sounds like you are I use dermavate ointment which is a steroid. 

Also look at your diet one of my triggers is sugar in particular alcohol.

Hope your feeling better soon x

• Posted

Sugar is a massive link to my flare ups too. Even if I have a sliver of cake it's affected! (Which is very rare) Steer clear if possible! It helps a lot..x

• Posted

Hi there, I am not sure epson salts is the best thing for LS.  I know I cant use it as I react severely to the sulfur in it.  I think If you look for the thread 'an experiment with borax' you will find that interesting.

• Posted

HI Brenda,

I use a variety of creams and soaks to help heal my LS. I soak in moderately warm baths with baking soda or Aveeno Oatmeal Baths. It really helps. You need to soak for a minimum of 20 minutes to allow the skin to soften and the baking soda to work.  If you use the Aveeno, I swirl the water with my hands while the water is coming in to be sure all the oatmeal is dissolved before i get in. Also try relaxing music to help your muscles relax.  

I also use Emuaid First Aid cream, and coconut oil in between. If you are having active symptoms, then I recommend the Clobetasol cream to deter it. It DOES heal it.  I can speak for this myself. I've been symptom free for 6 months now.  I only use it twice a week for maintenance but twice a day during flareups. It DOES work. Best w ishes! Debi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.