What helps lessen Globus Sensation please?

Posted , 4 users are following.

What has worked for you to lessen Globus sensations?

Just been diagnosed with it.

Thank you.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

For me, things actually got much better after I had my sleep apnea diagnosed and treated.
  • Posted

I also tried acid blockers for a couple weeks but they didn't do much. 

• Posted

So what are you doing now to alleviate it? Thanks for your reply.
  • Posted

Where is your globus? Throat.. which part and how often
    • Posted

It can be like a tight feeling around my neck, sometimes at the back of my throat. Seems like my throat is swollen. Doctor checked it out and put me on antacids pills. I hate the feeling.Occasionally it lessens. Not very nice.

Thanks for your reply.

• Posted

My symptoms we're different and I tried tons of things for nearly five months but if I had to guess what might have helped it was cutting out dairy, not focusing on what is mostly anxiety, and not eating spicy foods in case my throat was burnt

• Posted

Thankyou. I have cut back greatly on coffee and so using less milk. I am cutting out spicy food altogether now so these things might help. Thank you for your helpful comment. Appreciated.
  • Posted

I found Pantoprazole for 30days got rid of it for me. One thing to note though is most doctors not all assume GERD and LPR are the same and therefore treatment given is for GERD but they are not and therefore have to be treated differently. Sure the Pantoprazole got rid of the lump sensation when swallowing but that's about it my throat is still sore and I have no heartburn or reflux taste. I have silent reflux.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.