What helps you Manage your Anxiety/Panic attacks? Here's what helps me.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been suffering from Panic attacks and Anxiety for about 2 years and it started with I believe the worst of the worst symptoms.. Severe chest pain and painfull palpitations and loss of breath and numbness , tingling and numbness all day everyday for months..

But theirs a lot of Supplements and Methods I've found that has helped significantly and have reduced and even taken away most symptoms. I will post them here .. And people should post here what has helped them so we can all benefit.

Supplements

1.Rescue remedy for Quick Panic relief

2.Lavender

3.Magnesium for Palpitations/Chest Pain and relaxation

4.Stress B complex for stress levels

5.A good high quality multivitamin

Diet

1.Cut all Stimulants (Sugar,Caffein,High salt foods,Drugs)

2.Cut all Processed foods/Junk(Fast foods/Box foods/Microwavable foods/Canned foods) Instead eat lots of Vegetables, Lean cut meats , High quality fats like Coconut oil MCT oil / Olive oil , and better carb choices like brown rice and whole wheat pasta.

3.I've noticed all of these can start anxiety and higher stress levels in either the short term or long term.

Relaxation

1.Progressive Muscle Relaxation for preventing anxiety (YouTube)

2. Anxiety and panic attack meditation which is good for preventing anxiety and getting you out of anxiety.

Exercise

1.Weightlifting and diet was enough for me to loose over 100 pounds that I gained from SSRIs/Anti Depressants but most importantly it depleted a lot of tension and stress and adrenaline in my body and muscles which stopped the chest pain and twitching muscles that increase anxiety.

2.Cardio helped to reset my breathing pattern and after that I rarely had loss of breath. Also cardio and weightlifting will burn a lot of excess energy causing anxiety.

3.I understand not everyone can exercise due to being anxious.. But starting small like walking very slowly or doing air squats or light Dumbell works is great.

I have not completely got rid of my Anxiety and stress levels.. But I RARELY have panic attacks now and I don't use any medication .. And the more scary symptoms are rare (Chest pain / Loss of breath / Severe palpitations )

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Coconut oil and cholesterol in scientific american. Coconut oil has opponents and proponents . but excellent list

• Posted

It helps a lot with brain fog and mental unclarity from anxiety and stress. I believe it's better than canola oil or vegetable oil.

• Posted

I use olive, avacado and walnut oils as well as coconut oil.
    • Posted

That really good stuff : )

I've seen in research a lot of people get anxiety and panic attacks after eating excessive fast food or processed foods packed with low quality oil that has synthetic chemicals + xantham gum/dextrose ect

It makes sense because I remember in 2011 and 2015 when I had panic attacks and anxiety.. Right before it hit my diet consisted of lots of fast food due to the type of job I had.

• Posted

You are right again, heat. Diet is key. After I found the list of foods that help/aggravate anxiety, not thnking, I ate some no no foods (not much either). I was on the ceiling in a couple of minutes.
    • Posted

Sugar is a real problem for me, and there's too much of it in a lot of processed and fast foods. 

• Posted

The only thing I forgot is Sun and sleep are very important. I wish I could edit the list.
  • Posted

Two other good quality essential oils are bergamot and frankinscense. Great list, Heat. Well done.
  • Posted

If I am truly having a panic attack, deep breathing is the one thing that helps me.  In my mind, I start telling myself that I'm okay.  I don't get all wrapped up about whether I'm breathing through my nose vs. my mouth, or whether or not the first few breaths are deep (they usually aren't), but once I get myself into that zone, I can calm down.  Sometimes, it takes a while.  I really want to be consistent with other things I've tried that help my anxiety, like meditation and simple yoga exercises.

• Posted

Also forgot..

1. Sun

2. And sleep 8-10hrs

• Posted

if you live in a place that for a good part of the year gets very little sun, D3 supplements do the job. Doctor agreed. Usual amount is 5000 IUs per day. I take it 5 days a week in the sunless months. My sister takes 10,000 a day, but that much was on doctor's orders because of a condition she has. No substitute for sleep,lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.