What I do for my LP

Posted , 3 users are following.

I appreciate the tips I have gotten from LP suffers.  I have vulva LP and anal LP and oral LP.  My dermatologist said not to bathe/ showers only.  She prescribed Clobetasol which I  use daily.  I cut up a t-shirt of my husband's into small squares and that is what I use to wipe (pat) myself or to apply the Clobetasol.  She wants me to go without panties whenever possible so since the weather is warm I wear skirts and no panties.  Cool! 

She prescribed Plaquenal in hopes it would cure all of the LP areas.  I had a HORRIBLE reaction to this medicine.  My face broke out in red welts.  Then I had smaller red welts all over me from my chest down to my feet.  I got several of the side effects they mention in the literature including muscle weakness, dizziness and swollen lips.  By that time I went to the emergency and was given a steroid shot.  The effects lasted about two weeks.

I seem to suffer more with my oral LP than any other areas.  I am going to start using coconut oil as some others have suggested. 

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have (what I've been told) is V-LP. I use triamcinolone topical cream when it starts to flare up. I can go days/weeks and not be bothered and other days all of a sudden it's soar/itchy. Sometimes I wonder if its towards my back side too because the itch at times is unbearable! I use the cream and over night is usually a lot better. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what this is and why and found this group. I've gotten some information but I think its still pretty uncommon or no one wants to talk about it. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.