What in the hell....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, so I've had a pretty severe itchy rash for about two months now (it started when I got infected with influenza on December of last year) but It has stopped or calmed down for several days now. Today, however, I started getting this pink dots all over my body. Some of them itch, some of them hurt a bit, and some of them don't bother me at all. I have gotten five colds since December, an unbelievable amount for me, and I have recently come down with another one. What could this be? (Sorry for the possibly blurry or upside down picture) And yes, I went to a doctor, for the itchy rash, and he prescribed me Benadryl, which helped a bit.

Thank You In Advance.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hard to tell from just that photo. Could be folliculitis which is when the hair follicles get inflammed. It could be some type of fungus. Have you tried Hydrocortisone cream on the bumps? If that helps, it's likely some type of fungus and you should see a doctor. Not sure the colds thing is related to the rash though. 
    • Posted

No I have not. I've only put on some Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) cream on it to no relief. Thanks for the information. It's very much appreciated.
    • Posted

Benadryl cream can stop itching, but it doesn't do anything for fungus infections of any kind. It would take down inflammation that causes itching in just about everything but fungus though, which makes me think it is in fact a fungus infection. 
  • Posted

I would also like to point out that I ate a chocalate containing peanuts....but I am not allergic to that kind of chocalate nor peanuts. Right after consuming it, though, is when I noticed the rash begin to start and spread. My father is also coming down with it.
    • Posted

A peanut allergy/sensitivity would not show signs for that long, unless you kept eating peanuts with an allergy. Also, your father couldn't come down with it, if it was some type of allergic reaction. If your father is getting the bumps also, I would look in to possible fungus infections, including staph infections. 
    • Posted

Well, that can't be good. Again, thanks for the help. I'll look into a doctor tomorrow.
  • Posted

This still probably doesn't help but....
  • Posted

I think fungus infections look way severe than my little problem.
    • Posted

Yeah, they are so light in color it's hard to tell, that's why I mentioned folliculitis. Have you changed soaps recently? I know that can cause foliculitis. Fungal infections start out small and get larger over time. Those bumps remind me of the "mild staph sweat rash" that we had in our house not long ago. But, definitely try the Hydrocortisone and see if it helps. 
    • Posted

About 2-3 weeks ago I changed body wash, yes. Thanks for the info and advice....again :D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.