What is a panic attack? How long does panic attack last?

Posted , 4 users are following.

As Im writing this, Im shivering, trembling, feeling weight down. My chest feels heavy and I have trouble breathing. My senses are all on alert and my freighten. Am I having a panic attack? How long does it last? I have a sharp pain in my head thats coming and going. I hate this feeling. Has anyone experience this.

Please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ambnay, I feel for you have you not been for advice from your gp?
  • Posted

I suggest you see Ur Dr. Although some of your systems are a panick attack. U can't b sure. Try sitting with your arms on your thighs and feet flat on floor and supported backand take slow deep breaths if you have a unused clean paper bag breath into that. Try thinking of something nice. After doing all this if your still the same in 1/4 hr seek further help.

Tazjosie

• Posted

Im seeing my doctor this afternoon. Feel as if Im not going to make it till them. Thank you Tazjosie, I will try that.
  • Posted

Hi amb.......I too had a really big one yesterday after a gym session.

Started with the fluttering in my chest and tickley cough and breathlessness, these are all things I feel when it's about to happen.

I drove home fine, just about managing. Then when I got in the house I felt I was blacking out.

I almost went to ER but i done deep breathing and said do your worst, and that always seems to helps.

Afterwards I felt like I had been run over by a freight train.

It is truly terrifying but you can overcome it.

Best wishes

John

• Posted

Hi John

Thanx for the responding...

I feel like this most of the time. It is so exhausting. Im trying the breathing thing but its so difficult. Dont know how much more I can take.

• Posted

Hya. Sounds like panick/anxiety attack . Be helpful if you shared how you did cope with your experiences

Tazjosie

• Posted

Hi Ambnay, some of your symptoms sound like a panic attack to me. The advice that Tazjosie has offered is good. Breathing in and out of a paper bag has a very calming effect. Like all the posts here I would suggest you see your GP as I believe you are suffering from anxiety and only your GP can really be of help. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.